Global Engineering Services Manager
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
At present, we have an excellent opportunity for a Global Engineering Services Manager. This position is responsible for supporting engineering processes and improving work flow in our programming facilities globally. Additional responsibilities will include: develop procedures; create, maintain and provide documentation; evaluate and maintain quality of cycle time and processes; specialized engineering projects requiring high level engineering skills and analytical capabilities; determine and assist with process improvements that improve efficiency.
Essential functions include but not limited to:
- Responsibility for all New Product Introduction activities globally. Involves all the activities from concept to design including R&D, prototype, and small lot production.
- Engages with the component programming sales leaders and internal/external customers to help solve problems and provide solutions to quickly and confidently move from concept into cost-effective, full scale production.
- Acts as technical leader for major aspects of component programming and is required to interface with customer’s firmware design engineers to resolve programming issues or to provide technical assistance.
- Independently create and develop first article for firmware programming per customer’s technical specifications and by analyzing technical data to determine appropriate setup criteria and programming platform.
- Partner with Global Programming Operations to monitor capacity and develop support strategies for future growth.
- Assist in the development of processes and procedures for Programming.
- Provide failure analysis and improvement recommendations to leadership.
- Manage implementation of improvement solutions; identify areas to improve systems, processes or personnel utilization on the production floor.
- Manage implementation projects and lead project teams
- Develop key performance indicators and monitor for improvement
- Assist in resolving process, quality, and productivity issues
- Provide time studies and detailed analysis of processes
- Monitor implemented solutions and present findings to appropriate management groups as needed.
- Knowledge of the major aspects of component programming and the ability to ensure that programming centers worldwide maintain consistent processes and drive best practices in the areas of First Article, Engineering and Production.
- Up to 25% travel required.
- 6-8 years of experience in semi-conductor design & manufacturing. Programming value add operations including knowledge of automated and manual programming systems preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree (Electrical Engineering or Computer Science) or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience with NPI and First Article. Experience working closely with customers from concept through prototype and into production.
- Ability to write software in C/C++ or other high level language
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Has ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Has ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong MS Office experience required with emphasis in Excel, Access and Visio.
- Data assembly, analysis, trending and reporting.
- Continuous process improvement, Lean manufacturing, Kaizen, and 5S experience
- Strong Verbal and written communication skills.
- Good understanding of procedures and concepts in own technical/subject area.
Position may be located at any Arrow hub location globally
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top