General Manager/Facility Director - Dallas, TX
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
General Manager/Facility Director – Dallas, TX
We have an exciting opportunity for a General Manager/Facility Director at our Arrow Value Recovery facility located in the greater Dallas area!
Reporting to the Director of Operations for North America, you will manage the day to day operations of our 125,000 square foot, Value Recovery facility (www.arrowvaluerecovery.com).
You will guide tactical decisions and set strategic direction for the operations of the facility in alignment of the Global Logistic Services group and you will manage multiple facility managers within the center and provide oversight for all functions.
- Lead facility in successful day to day operations by driving service level, quality and productivity goals.
- Responsible for managing the specific P&L’s for the facility and ensuring all metrics are achieved or recalibrated strategically.
- Regularly review of all key metrics. Assign and direct activities and projects across the site to meet various customer and logistics needs as set by the Operations Director.
- Develop and direct the implementation of goals, objectives, polies, procedures and work standards where applicable.
- Work with functional team, sales and leadership to accomplish and develop strategy for the facility and to support both the internal and external customers.
- Regularly review established key metrics with Operations Manager.
- Responsible for maintaining integrity in the use of company assets such as inventory, supplies, equipment
- Responsible for conducting yearly talent workshop in an effort to build a succession plan for key roles.
- Reward and recognize high performance and provide career path and growth opportunities for the management staff.
- Conduct monthly employee meetings to communicate organization and facility updates.
- Partners and coordinates with support functions such as transportation, quality, training, and HR to ensure programs and changes are handled effectively.
- Minimum of 10 years of related leadership experience in logistics or supply chain management with 8 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with proven success designing and executing continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Budgetary management responsibility for including P&L and budgeting experience.
- Ability to work well with cross functional and cross cultural teams.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated ability to develop innovative solutions in a fast changing environment.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and work with others effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Strong communication skills with the demonstrated ability to articulate complex information accurately and understandably in written and verbal form.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with government agencies, trade groups and other industries.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio).
- Strong organization, planning and execution skills to lead major initiatives and programs. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a master’s degree preferred.
- Candidates with Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt and/or TQM background preferred
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top