General Manager, Production - Programming Center
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
Arrow Electronics has an excellent opportunity for a General Manager, Production in its World Class Programming Facility in Reno, NV.
Relocation assistance is provided
The General Manger, Production will oversee and is responsible for the success of the Reno programming/manufacturing operation. You will manage employees and processes related to the production of programing electronic devices and the order fulfillment process for the North America operations. You will work with supervisors, leads and employees to meet and exceed service level, quality, and productivity goals and identify ways to reduce costs while improving efficiency and quality, which may involve utilization of Continuous Process Improvements.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDED BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Lead production center in successful day-to-day operations by driving quality, service level and productivity goals.
- Develop and execute financial budgets and P&L with continuous improvement built in.
- Analyzes and implements process improvements by using CPI, Six Sigma and Lean.
- Responsible for employee hiring, pay and performance decisions
- Work with functional team, sales and leadership to accomplish and develop strategies.
- Responsible for the management of the production capacity plan
- Reward and recognize high performance and provide career path and growth opportunities for staff.
- Manage day-to-day production to meet customer expectations while maintaining a culture of continuous improvement.
- Responsible for managing the integrity of company assets such as inventory, supplies, and equipment.
- Lead by example in the development of employees and teams.
- Collaborate with Management and staff, Marketing, Operations, Logistics and IT to assist in developing the services needed to grow assigned account revenues and department capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years related experience in manufacturing or distribution operations
- Proven ability to provide direction, motivate and develop a large team across a 24/7 facility
- Experience managing P&L
- Experience developing and managing production goals
- Problem resolution and solution development skills
Check out our video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMsvcgoToeU
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top