Focus Account Manager
Position:Focus Account Manager
Focus Account Manager
The main purpose of the Focus Account Manager is to provide guidance, expertise and coordination to the quoting team for Focus Accounts. Support the sales efforts by working up data analysis to better defend and grow the overall business. Accountable for the development and execution of quarterly/annual pricing and product management plans for the respective accounts. Overall responsibilities include:
- Dissecting customer quoting strategy according to the various suppliers/technologies, and completing recommendations to capture a better win ratio.
- Delivering the reports and analysis to the PMs within each Business Unit for the purpose of acquiring optimal cost.
- Run, review, analysis and make recommendations based off of Sales and Quote History Reports.
- Work with pricing to understand best pricing available.
- Interfacing with the GMs, Sales Team, SMSs, etc to understand customer needs and competitive landscape to build winning quote strategies.
- Use SFDC to manage customer strategies and alignment.
- Collaboration with Asset, Marketing, PMs within the Business Units to prepare them for delivery and actions of upcoming strategic quotes. Accountable for competition of overall quote and proposal back to sales.
- Understand the technologies and Arrow suppliers that can support best cost Arrow can obtain for respective customers. Work with Asset and Marketing to keep up to date with trends, stocking packages, and direction.
- Ensure sales team receives quote back from all parties who worked the opportunity and clearly understand the pricing and direction on the strategy to win the deal. (Quote strategy & pricing summary)
- Ultimate goal is to provide winning quote strategy/direction to increase profitable sales.
- Build out strategy for negotiations and communicate to the team and relevant stakeholders (ensure PMs are clear on direction set and strategy to quote effectively)
- Use necessary reports in MicroStrategy, SFDC, Arrow Systems etc to effectively understand the business today and the direction needed to win more business at optimal cost
- Work with business resources to develop necessary reports to efficiently access the data needed to make recommendations.
- Perform thorough data mining and the necessary analysis to understand and develop pricing strategy model for supplier selection.
- Ability to think out of the box, react quickly and ensure that opportunities are followed through to a win.
College degree or high school with technical training and equivalent experience
0-2 years with college degree; 5-7 years with high school diploma
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to multitask and balance multiple priorities
- Attention to detail
- Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Intermediate to advanced Excel experience including Vlookup and Pivot Tables
- Ability to analyze data
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate and present information
- Relationship building skills
- Arrow experience a plus
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Global Cloud Business Analyst
Jaqueline specializes in cloud business operations by helping new clients onboard and connect with Arrow’s marketplace, implement solutions, and understand best practices to optimize outcomes.
Back to top