Financial Business Analyst, Senior
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
The Senior Financial Business Analyst will interact with the frontline field sales organization and is an integral part of the Operating Group Finance team. The successful candidate will be involved with all phases of planning, forecasting, financial control, reporting, deal development and evaluation, performance measurement, financial analyses, financial modeling, and also participate on various projects for the region and division. The role requires that you interact regularly with branch management as an extension / member of their team. Excellent customer-service skills, the ability to add value, and exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills are a must. This role will have a high level of visibility with Business Leaders within the organization. The Senior Financial Business Analyst will be required to proactively collaborate with their region in driving improved financial results as well as ensuring efficient and effective use of working capital.
- Return on working capital deal analysis– Collaborative with a cross section of colleagues to develop deal structure. Use excel to model alternatives. Recommend alternatives and generate the business proposal for the customer.
- Forecast and Financial Reporting – Support business leaders, specifically vertical market management and region, with weekly, monthly & quarterly financial reporting.
- Special Projects – Drive special projects from project conception to completion, including: marshaling resources, gathering data, analyzing information, and creating and presenting output to various levels of management.
- Annual Planning & Analysis – Assist regional financial analysts with various P&L planning efforts, including revenue & margin target setting and operating expense target development.
- Planning Maintenance – Monthly and quarterly indirect revenue re-planning, customer plan recalibrations, analysis of incentive achievements, sales rep code changes, etc.
- QBR Meetings – Prepare, attend, and present quarterly results to the team. Provide direct support to the Regional VP through calls, financial overviews, best practice sharing, training and branch visits
- Ad-Hoc – Participate in or lead a wide variety of department or management driven assignments. Examples include: Developing financial models to support deal analysis, leading efforts to understand return-on-investment of previously funded initiatives, and new business case development.
- BA in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- Previous analytical (financial & strategic) and management presentation experience required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Solid foundation in accounting, finance and/or economics.
- Financial Modeling in MS Excel, proficiency in Microsoft Access, and Oracle.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle several projects at one time.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of and experience with accounting structure and cost center/nominal account management.
- Experience responding to executives’ requests and influencing executive decision-making.
- Demonstrated experience in solving complex problems through both individual efforts and project leadership.
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top