Financial Business Analyst, Senior
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
At present, we have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Financial Analyst II with flexible location options – Englewood, CO or Phoenix, AZ.
The Senior Financial Analyst will work in the NAC and OCS Logistics divisions to support financial reporting and analysis including annual planning, monthly forecasting, service costing, reporting, and annual rate reviews. This position reports to a Logistics Finance Manager and is a key business partner to our director & GM level operations leaders. The perfect candidate would be a self-motivated analytical thinker with superb customer service skills that would drive results with little to no supervision. Organized . . . Reliable . . . Enthusiastic.
- Provide analytical support to management to include P&L variance explanation, ratio analysis, budgeting, and cost analysis related to services & distribution verticals
- Complete annual rate reviews for the Production Services
- Monthly reconciliation of expense, credits, and absorption for the cost center P&L’s
- Support business case modeling for new (fee for service) opportunities
- Assist annual plan and monthly forecast cycles by owning modeling updates, coordinating inputs, and working with cross functional stakeholders
- Support providing monthly/quarterly ad hoc analysis of financial results with emphasis on operating expenses; proactively identify risks & opportunities
- Assist with the capital planning & approval process
- Help prepare QBR presentations and other financial and strategic solutions for senior management
- Identify methodology and process improvements to drive efficiency and improve accuracy of the planning/forecasting/reporting process
- Ensure existing internal control and processes are followed
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experiences
- 5+ years of experience in a large company working in Finance and/or Accounting function responsible for advanced analytical work
- Ability to consistently produce high quality analysis within tight deadlines by prioritizing, identifying roadblocks, and collaborating with colleagues and managements
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to proactively identify, address, and prevent potential issues
- Experience in production services costing and in-depth knowledge of the absorption model is highly desirable
- Superb presentation skills; ability to translate complex financial outputs into simpler concepts
- Deep understanding of causal relationship between activity and variable vs. fixed aspect of cost structure; analyze results for management and provide valuable business recommendations;
- Ability to execute projects efficiently and effectively with limited supervision
- Attention to detail with high standards of accuracy and review
- Strong technical and data mining skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be flexible to work hours required for month-end, quarter, and year-end deadlines
- Travel 10-15%
- Experience supporting distribution, manufacturing, and/or production service businesses
- Fortune 500 Business Finance / FP&A experience
- Experience managing cross functional projects
- Proficiency with Khalix and Oracle a plus
- CPA or extensive knowledge of GAAP and complex accounting systems
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top