Financial Analyst II
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
We are seeking an Accounting and Finance professional to work in our Englewood, CO office of the ECS division of Arrow Electronics. The individual must possess strong business acumen and thrive in a dynamic business environment. This position will be responsible for financial reporting, financial planning and business analysis activities.
- Primary Finance support to several lines of business within Arrow ECS, including the related finance, sales, and support teams
- Review financial statements, perform variance analysis, and provide status reporting as part of the month-end close
- Provide ad hoc analysis, covering a wide range of topics, to drive profitability and growth in the business
- Prepare monthly forecast and associated reporting; this includes forecasting Sales, Gross Profit and Opex
- Analyze key P&L and business metrics and make appropriate business recommendations
- Preparation of financial reports for management team independently and with a high level of accuracy
- Research general ledger entries by working closely with Accounting to ensure proper reporting
- Review and or complete incentive compensation accruals and payments
- Partner with sales to establish incentive compensation targets; ensuring accuracy and compliance to guidelines
- Present financial modeling or business metrics to executive Sales and Finance teams
- Prepare and present annual plan and associated support and metrics
- Act as financial consultant and partner with management of business
- Ensure proper financial controls are in place and followed within the business
The successful candidate has strong accounting/finance knowledge and analytical abilities. The candidate should be passionate about the use of technology to solve business problems, including a very high proficiency with MS Excel, notably pivot tables, formulas and charts. The candidate must have strong communication skills, and be able to work closely with the accounting groups, selling teams, support organizations and management. Key personal characteristics include motivation, proactive ownership of responsibilities, attention to accuracy, ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, drive to meet deadlines and ability to deliver a clear/concise message to management based on facts and data.
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 4-6 years experience in a general accounting and or financial analyst role with a Fortune 500 organization
- Demonstrated ability to think independently and apply proactive behavior to business situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing demands; thrives in dynamic environment
- Team player who excels in collaborative environment, but also able to work independently with little supervision
- Requirement: Advanced PC skills in MS Excel
- MBA/CPA or equivalent advanced degree
- Oracle EBS 11i and Oracle OBIEE
- Intermediate to advanced PC skills in MS PowerPoint
- Distribution experience
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top