Financial Analyst I
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
Job Title: Financial Analyst I
We are seeking a Financial Analyst I to work in our Englewood, CO office of the Digital division of Arrow Electronics. The individual must possess strong business acumen and thrive in a dynamic business environment. The position will be responsible for business unit forecasting/planning, P&L variance, as well as the creation and communication of management reporting.
- Assist annual planning and monthly forecast by owning modeling updates, coordinating inputs, and working with cross functional stakeholders
- Support providing monthly/quarterly analysis of financial results for all aspects of financial statements, including gross margin, operating income, software capitalization, inventory, net working capital, and cash flow
- Help prepare analytical presentations and other financial and strategic solutions for management
- Ensure existing internal control and processes are followed
- Monthly close responsibilities including accrual and variance analysis
- Being able to work in a dynamic and fast-pace environment by quickly understand and improve existing processes by establishing strong relationship among cross functional organizations
- Support ad hoc analyses and initiatives
- The successful candidate has strong accounting/finance knowledge and analytical abilities.
- The candidate should be passionate about the use of technology to solve business problems, including a proficiency in MS Excel, notably pivot tables, formulas and charts.
- The candidate must have strong communication skills, and be able to work closely with the accounting groups, selling teams, support organizations and management.
- Key personal characteristics include motivation, attention to accuracy, ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, drive to meet deadlines and ability to deliver a clear/concise message to management based on facts and data.
Requirements Minimum Qualifications:
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 0-2 years’ experience in a financial analysis and/or accounting role
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; thinks independently
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing demands; thrives in dynamic environment
- Team player who excels in collaborative environment
- Requirement: Intermediate PC skills in MS Excel
- Ability to manipulate data into concise reporting
- Fortune 500 Business Finance / FP&A experience
- Proficiency with Khalix, Oracle, and/or Navision Financials a plus
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top