Capital Investment financial analyst will provide oversight of the global Arrow's capital investment/project portfolio; drive the development and compliance to the project management governance framework to provide transparency into the global capital investments and returns and to enable informed decision making by executive leadership.
The Financial Analyst must be able to understand business initiatives and their respective impact to the organization; serve as a strategic partner to business units in managing their capital investment portfolio by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures, and explaining processes and techniques. The role will provide analysis of project performance against plan and forecast, perform monthly budget variance analysis and will prepare financial reports, charts, and other project analytics as necessary.
This individual is expected to create comprehensive dashboards and portfolio level analytics that track, measure, and report projects. Ability to present complex data results at a C-level identifying the main business drivers and trends is a critical skill in this role. In addition, this individual will assist in authoring/evaluating project documentation and participate in the implementation of the new processes.
Partnering with business units to resolve issues and providing regular updates to company executives on portfolio performance will require excellent communication and collaboration skills. Other success factors for this role include being comfortable with change, ability to multi-task, being resourceful and having a global mindset.
- Monitors investments/projects through all phases to ensure on time delivery, on budget, and within scope
- Tracks investment costs, forecasting and benefits upon delivery
- Develop monthly and quarterly project budgets and forecasts, conduct variance analysis, identify drivers and trends that result in actionable decision making
- Prepare detailed analysis and data models that clearly identify main business drivers and trends that result in actionable decision making.
- Update and maintain comprehensive dashboards to all levels of the organization that track, measure and report on project and financial targets.
- Guide project oversight by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques.
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Increases productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools.
- Optimize processes end-to-end and lead process redesign by mapping current processes, designing future state, developing and executing implementation and change management plans.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 legislation as well as corporate and regional policies and procedures.
- Instill a mindset of continuous process improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- 4-5 years of Financial Analysis, Financial Modeling, Financial reporting experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills - must have advanced Excel skills.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity
- Self-starter, with the strong drive and motivation to challenge status quo and serve as a change agent
- Entrepreneurial mindset focused on identifying opportunities for improvements in collaborative manner
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion are required
- Knowledge of procedural controls and data validation techniques required
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude
- Advanced degree and financial certifications (CFA, CPA, etc.)
- 3-4 years of experience in analytics
- VBA, SQL, Tabular modeling skills are a plus
- Experience with Smartsheet, QlikView or Tableau is a plus
- Experience on large scale business process re- engineering project(s) performing analysis, process design, and implementation of system improvements.
- Experience with Oracle Financial ERP Systems.
- Global experience
- Fortune 200 experience.
Non-Customer Facing/Supplier Facing
Back to top