Field Sales Representative II
Position:Field Sales Representative II
The purpose for Field Sales Representatives (FSR) is to build and maintain influential relationships with customers, suppliers and Arrow colleagues to create demand for products on the Arrow line card by proactively offering solutions from an engineering and supply chain perspective. This involves interaction with multiple departments and levels within a customer including engineering, production and purchasing as well as a large supplier base. The primary function of the FSR is to be involved in the customers design cycle from concept to production in order to secure as many designs as possible on a customer's end product, working directly with customers on concepts, new designs, procurement, and supply chain solutions. As well as communicating with local and corporate management on new opportunities, performance of territory, identification of potential performance risks of territory, and escalating customer issues/concerns as needed.
- Demand Creation: Understands the relationship between demand creation and long-term success/growth within account base. Some technical ability can identify Design Win opportunities but relies on Field Application Engineers (FAE's) and supplier representatives for assistance in part selection. Can complete a partial "Spider Chart", requires assistance to fulfill entire board/system requirements. (Not applicable to Contract Manufacturer focused FSRS).
- Relationships: Builds upon their customer relationships and works closely with suppliers to find ways to increase sales.
- Account Management: Has developed a strong understanding of the customer's design cycles, purchasing habits and works to maximize Arrow's sales. Utilizes Arrow and Supplier support when necessary.
- Planning: Supports Arrow's market share estimate with a solid explanation. Strategy/Action Planning: Participates in the development of supplier and customer action plans and has a good understanding of each customer's business.
- Technical Skills: Performs some technical discovery without FAE help, knows some key questions to ask for product identification.
- Identify the potential/need for a solution at their customers and knows when to bring in the appropriate resources in support. Developing manufacturing/operational knowledge.
- Communicate and report directly to the branch General Manager or Field Sales Manager on a regular basis; regarding account issues, activities, forecasts and opportunities.
- Works with Arrow's external suppliers to meet customers' needs and coordinate problem resolution.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience with 3 to 5 years sales experience.
- Customer service experience, proven ability to cold call.
- ATSR certification requirement within 1st year of employment.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships, account management skills, ability to influence the decisions of others, presentation skills.
- Strong negotiation, presentation, verbal, and written communication skills are essential.
- Must have a proven track record of sales performance and meeting quotas.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, problem solving, and customer service skills.
- Must be able to multitask, prioritize, and deal with ambiguity.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically, Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Experience with Salesforce.com is a plus.
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Global Cloud Business Analyst
Jaqueline specializes in cloud business operations by helping new clients onboard and connect with Arrow’s marketplace, implement solutions, and understand best practices to optimize outcomes.
Back to top