Field Sales Representative I
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
Field Sales Rep
The Value Recovery Solutions Field Sales Representative is responsible for the expansion of market share through the sale of VRS services and/or solutions in a defined territory by generating profitable sales in new and existing accounts. The solution sale requires the ability to develop strong business relationships at executive management levels at the customer and make meaningful and impactful presentations.
- Sizes and scopes priorities in the market by understanding competitive advantages and disadvantages
- Defines new customer or critical markets in the territory, plans strategy and develops relationships
- Develops sales strategies, techniques, and tactics based on customer feedback and the market environment. Also, identifies pain points experienced by customers and develops a “win” strategy to address the issue. That strategy may be something in the existing portfolio such as price, compliance, security, etc., or it could be the sales person will need to develop a solution that is more customized to the customer’s needs and that doesn’t exist today.
- Collaborates with management to achieve sales targets with close attention to increasing market share and key account growth
- Develops and maintains strategic relationships with customers and clients to identify current and/or new service offerings and opportunities to stay ahead of the industry and competitors
- Develops and maintains an industry presence and network to help identify best practices and benchmark opportunities
- Builds and maintains collaborative cross-functional relationships with internal support groups to engage in best-in-class practices and programs that serve customers and clients
- Strengthens Arrow’s reputation by delivering services and solutions excellence
- BS/BA in related field
- Minimum of 5+ years successfully selling services and solutions
- Self-motivated with proven ability to successfully navigate a highly complex matrix environment to achieve results
- Customer service oriented with excellent communication, networking and negotiating skills
- Ability to maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values
- Proven capability to identify the key touch points specific to a customer organization by knowing the right questions to ask in order to sell ITAD service and solutions.
- Effective listening skills to identify customer pain points, demonstrated thought processes to determine what value Arrow can provide, and experience developing winning strategies for the customer based on existing solutions and/or by creating new solutions.
- Proven ability to close deals and deliver results
- Able to balance competing priorities and multi-task effectively
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to interact with and present to varying levels within the company as well as C-suite customers/clients
- Proficiency with Window Operation Systems, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, Visio, and MS Project
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top