Field Sales Representative
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
Field Sales Representative
Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Positions available in
- San Jose, CA
- Woodland Hills, CA
- Minneapolis, MN
- Boston, MA
The Field Sales Representative is responsible for the expansion of market share through the sale of electronic components in a defined territory by generating profitable sales in new and existing accounts. Must be capable of providing solutions to customer product requirements particularly involving the value-add capabilities of the Arrow Electronics Components. The solution sale requires the FSR to work at and develop strong business relationships at executive management levels at the customer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Define new customer or critical Aerospace and Defense markets in the territory, plan strategy and develop relationships.
- Maintain and promote relationships with customer contacts who may be determining design opportunities and deal with existing business challenges. Ensure customer satisfaction as it pertains to supply chain management and other value added services.
- Establish and build relationships with key suppliers
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree or equivalent experience and training
- Years of related experience: 4-6
- Proven record of success in field sales, particularly in Aerospace & Defense
- Communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with military customers
- Specialized knowledge in at least one product line
- Applies a sound understanding of concepts and principles in own technical area gained through substantial applicable work experience along with formal training.
- Independently resolves issues as they arise.
- Applies specialist skills and knowledge and may help to define the standards and specifications within their specialty.
- Often requires knowledge of the Aerospace and Defense industry.
- Evaluates sometimes-complex situations using multiple sources of information. Solves problems that are complicated or novel requiring the ability to filter, prioritize, analyze and validate complex dynamic material.
- Developed communication and diplomacy skills used to guide, persuade and influence others internally or externally.
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top