• Responsible for leading the delivery of sales results from direct reports. In addition responsible, for an individual account plan with targeted growth goals. Makes recommendations to General Manager/ Sales Director on strategy and customer plans. Through data analysis and past experience make solid decisions on strategy and direction. Direct value added sales opportunities by implementing supply chain, engineering, supplier, or service excellence strategies. Identifies and helps achieve sales branch goals, not just team goals.
• Manage Team: Recruit, hire and train sales staff. Manage employee performance and development. Ensure team has resources to deliver sales plans. Coach and provide feedback to employees.
• Develop customer, supplier and vendor relationships: Enhance manager relationships with key contacts by providing superior service and operation excellence. Implement effective and practiced techniques for solving problems. Effectively communicate with all levels (supplier, customer, vendor). Attend reviews and meetings. Increase management presence at customer accounts in order to achieve access to decision makers.
• May lead the execution of sales plans for team members and own account plan. Use data and analysis to make recommendations to team and to management. Responsible for budgeting and planning.
•This job profile requires the assignment and participation in a sales compensation plan. A portion of OTE will be variable and tied to specific sales-related goals as set forth by Arrow.
• Manages professional employees and/or supervisors or supervises large, complex technical or business support or production operations team(s)
• Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own discipline or function
• Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges
• Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance from senior manager
• Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers
• Accountable for results of a small team
• Exercises limited management authority; sets employee performance objectives, conducts performance reviews and recommends pay actions
• Defines team operating standards and ensures essential procedures are followed based on knowledge of own discipline
Experience / Education
Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 6 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience.
Customer Facing/Supplier Facing
Back to top