field sales engineer
field sales engineer
• Primary responsibility is to build & maintain influential relationships with customers, suppliers and Arrow partners creating demand for Arrow products by proactively offering engineering and supply chain solutions. Key areas of responsibility are:
• Demand Creation: Focused on technical needs of complex, emerging, or underpenetrated prospects. Has a fundamental understanding of all of Arrow's solutions and is able to match those solutions to customer business needs. Will drive/create new opportunities and product selection within their accounts, and create demand activity using other technical resources as needed.
• Account Management: Initiate and schedule regular visits to the customer facility selling Arrow's franchised lines and services. Create selling opportunities through a planned discovery process. Gain solid understanding of customer's needs and how to translate those needs to Arrow requirements or opportunities. Executes on solution selling through a working knowledge of Arrow's supply chain solutions and design processes. Grow profit and maximize margins by selling value-added, long-term solutions, with emphasis on demand creation and engineering.
• Relationships: Drive supplier and customer engineering relationships at multiple levels. Utilize distribution/rep/supplier knowledge to grow market share and sales. Build strong relationships with suppliers and their reps.
Staying current on product knowledge and/or gaining technical certifications. Attend supplier training events to keep up-to-date on product line. Maintains supplier databases and keeps design registration information accurate. Stay updated on current related technologies in customer base, and attend training as needed.
• Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
• Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
• Works independently; receives minimal guidance
• Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
• Represents the level at which career may stabilize for many years or even until retirement
• Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products/services or processes
• Typically resolves complex problems or problems where precedent may not exist
• Often leads the work of project teams; may formally train junior staff
• Works independently
Customer Facing/Supplier Facing
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top