Field Applications Engineer II
Position:Field Applications Engineer II
● Responsible for utilizing an advanced understanding of the customer needs and technical leadership expertise to champion return on engineering investment.
● Drive demand creation by maximizing Arrow content on designs. Has an advanced understanding of the customer's needs and leverage Arrow's engineering and design services resources to identify & facilitate solutions for customers. Apply intermediate technical expertise to influence designs utilizing solution selling, resources, and strategies.
● Partner with the sales team across pre-and post-sales activities, providing more advanced technical support and consulting to promote demand creation. Perform and drive technical calibrations & research with sales, other Arrow departments, and suppliers in support of the customer design. Champion return on engineering investment, design win priorities, initiatives, and promotions by obtaining buy-in and support from sales.
● Attend supplier trainings in person and via conference calls. Demonstrate an intermediate understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of supplier technologies and how those technologies relate to market needs.
Manage supplier and customer expectations by building and developing relationships, keeping stakeholders up-to-date on activities, plans, and progressing towards initiatives. Deepen and broaden connections with key decision makers within suppliers and customers.
● Strategic role: Attend and actively participate in strategic branch meetings and QBR. Develop and drive strategic technical plans by supplier line or customer solutions. Participate in ArrowEDGE initiatives through branch training and customer calls. Organize engineering customer events. May support design services initiatives.
- Job Complexity
● Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
Technical knowledge of Automotive applications and market, with a proven experience in such system development
● Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions Hardware design skills and is able to guide customer hardware architecture
● Works independently; receives minimal guidance
● Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
● Represents the level at which career may stabilize for many years or even until retirement
● Contributes to process improvements Capable of challenging status quo in a productive way to affect improvements and changes
● Typically resolves problems using existing solutions
● Provides informal guidance to junior staff
● Excellent team player with direct and matrix organizations and involves others in projects Understands industry trends, market players, and technology evolution Works with minimal guidance
Experience / Education
Typically requires 5–7 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 3 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent work experience.
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top