Field Applications Engineer
Field Applications Engineer
We are looking for FAE in Western Michigan/Lake Front (Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids etc..)
- Responsible for utilizing an advanced understanding of the customer needs and technical leadership expertise to champion return on engineering investment.
- Participate as technical lead on large, complex customer engagements involving broad, system solutions and identify and drive demand creation by maximizing Arrow content on designs.
- Partner with the sales team across pre-and post-sales activities, providing advanced technical support and consulting to promote demand creation. Champion return on engineering investment, design win priorities, initiatives, and promotions by obtaining buy-in and support from sales. Provide technical leadership to the branch, customers, and suppliers shaping strategy and guiding technical direction/priorities.
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of supplier technologies and how those technologies relate to market needs, including vertical segmentation. Position Arrow's differential value proposition, supplier technologies, as well as, competitor technologies. Possess a complete knowledge of products and full knowledge of entire scope of assigned lines. Has sound product knowledge of Arrow's line card. Attend supplier trainings.
- Manage supplier and customer expectations by building and developing relationships with senior level decision makers, keeping stakeholders up-to-date on activities, plans, and progressing towards initiatives. Deepen and broaden connections with key decision makers within suppliers and customers.
- Attend and actively participate in strategic branch meetings and QBR. Use ROI concepts for making strategic business plans and decisions. Develop and drive strategic technical plans by supplier line or customer solutions. Successfully create, organize and conduct engineering customer events or conference or engineering training. Support design services initiatives.
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Works independently; receives minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Represents the level at which career may stabilize for many years or even until retirement
- •Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products/services or processes
- Typically resolves complex problems or problems where precedent may not exist
- Often leads the work of project teams; may formally train junior staff
- Works independently
Experience / Education
- Requires a BSEE Degree and 5+ years of experience
- Microprocessor, digital and analog electronics design experience is required
Customer Facing/Supplier Facing
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top