Field Application Engineer - Lighting
Position:Field Application Engineer - Lighting
At present, we have an excellent opportunity for a Field Application Engineer based in our South Central region.
As a Field Applications Engineer (FAE), within the Lighting team, you will provide comprehensive sales and technical support for lighting applications and solutions within the South Central territory. Lighting FAE will be based in and cover the South Central territory. This includes Arrow branches in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, & Louisiana. Prefer candidate be based in Dallas, Houston, or Austin; however, qualified candidates will be considered in any locations within the region.
- Understand and deliver full gamut of solutions for lighting applications including component level systems, modular systems, and manufacturing resources.
- Ability to understand a customer's needs and probe for answers, and then determine a solution and advocate that solution to the customer.
- Ability to relate to design engineers across many various applications.
- Develop and deliver customer presentations, product introductions, and technical sales training for the local Arrow Electronics sales team.
- Work with field sales management and marketing managers to develop and execute successful demand creation strategies for customers using both Arrow and Supplier resources.
- Interface and collaborate with a number of Arrow internal resources, as well as supplier and 3rd party contacts when appropriate.
- Develop strong relationships with internal Field Sales Representatives, Field Application Engineers and Customers.
- Minimum BSEE/BSME or equivalent of 5 years of hands-on experience across major components of lighting solutions sell including LED's, power management, thermal management and optics.
- 5-10 years design or applications engineering experience with lighting products and technology.
- Diverse experience with major lighting suppliers' products and technologies.
- Understanding of the lighting industry market forces and dynamics.
- Ability to converse with lighting sales and marketing managers about basic business issues.
- Effective communication, presentation, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and activities at one time.
- Possess working knowledge of all aspects of SSL fixture development technologies, LED's, Power solutions, Lensing, Substrates, Controls, etc.
- Approximate 40% travel required. Amount of travel will vary based on where candidate resides.
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Global Cloud Business Analyst
Jaqueline specializes in cloud business operations by helping new clients onboard and connect with Arrow’s marketplace, implement solutions, and understand best practices to optimize outcomes.
Back to top