Field Application Engineer
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
At present, we have an excellent opportunity for a Field Application Engineer in our Bloomington, MN area location:
The Field Application Engineer (FAE) will provide comprehensive technical support for customer circuit design and system development. You will be involved with customer presentations, semiconductor product introductions, and technical sales training for the local Arrow Electronics sales team. You will work with Arrow Electronics field sales management and marketing managers to develop and execute successful demand creation strategies for Arrow and our digital and analog semiconductor suppliers.
- BSEE plus 1 year of design/industry experience or 5 years of hands-on design experience with various semiconductor products, or equivalent applications engineering experience.
- Working knowledge and design experience with embedded systems, firmware, development tools, microcontrollers, digital signal processing, mixed signal, analog, and power management.
- Diverse experience with major semiconductor suppliers’ products and technologies.
- Basic understanding of Semiconductor and Electronics industry market forces and dynamics.
- Communication Skills: Ability to understand a customer needs and to probe for answers, and then determine a solution and advocate that solution to the customer. Ability to relate to design engineers across many various applications.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Ability to converse with semiconductor sales and marketing managers about basic business issues.
- Time management skills: Ability to manage multiple projects and activities at one time.
- 6 to 8 years design or applications engineering experience with key suppliers matching Arrow line card.
- Strong competency in high-speed analog components and circuits
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top