Field Application Engineer
Field Application Engineer
- Responsible for utilizing an advanced understanding of the customer needs and technical leadership expertise to champion return on engineering investment.
- Maximize Design-In pipeline dollar value through continuously providing design-in supports to customer. Drive demand creation by maximizing Arrow content on designs.
- Understand customer needs and leverage Arrow's engineering and design services resources to facilitate solutions for customers.
- Apply technical knowledge to influence designs utilizing solution selling, resources, and strategies.
- Partner with the sales team across pre-and post-sales activities, providing technical support and consulting to promote demand creation.
- Technical calibrations & research with sales & other Arrow departments & Suppliers in support of the customer design. Champion return on engineering investment, design win priorities, initiatives, and promotions by obtaining buy-in and support from sales.
- Attend supplier trainings in person and via conference calls.
- Conduct product demonstrations
- Manage supplier and customer expectations by building and developing relationships, keeping stakeholders up-to-date on activities, plans, and progressing towards initiatives.
- Identify key relationships amongst decision makers within suppliers and customers.
- Attend and actively participate in strategic branch meetings and QBR.
- Provides periodic statistical reports
- Perform competitive analysis
While it is preferred that the individual has excellent suppliers and customer relationships from within the electronic components industry and possess strong communication and presentation skills for Customer inter-phasing, the following are the Must Have requirements to be successful in the role:
- With an University degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or its related field
- 2-3 years in hardware design preferably with FPGA and/or embedded system design experience.
- With a solid experience on chip level and platform design
- Strong technical background (application design)
- With more than 3 years of experience as technical application support, may be considered for Senior Field Application Engineer position
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills, interpersonal skills
- Excellent language skills in English and country-specific language
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation skills
- Strong organization skills
- Time management skills (priority setting, meeting targets/goals)
- Sound PC skills (especially Window-based spreadsheet program)
- Versed in Verilog or VHDL coding
- Experienced on Arm 32-bit processor platform, preferably with OpenCL or OpenCV programming
- Highly service & customer orientated
- A proven team player
- High energy level
- Can do attitude, proactive and has initiative
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top