52303 – Software Engineer (Data-focus)
Arrow Electronics – Golden, CO
Arrow Electronics Inc. Digital Division has experienced years of rapid growth, and is now home to the world’s largest online inventory of traceable factory stock published directly by electronic component manufacturers and their franchised distributors. The Digital Division is looking for individuals that utilize their skill and experience to solve challenging problems and to continue this rapid business growth. The individuals will be members of an exciting, lively, and highly skilled team interested in creating solutions that are developed with superb quality and design.
Data Engineer/ETL Developer
The Data Engineer will be a member of a team that is responsible for various system integrations. Our newest team member will be a critical part of ensuring that all of the data and integrations that the Verical Electronic Component Marketplace relies upon are performing efficiently and flawlessly. The ideal candidate is someone who communicates effectively and loves to work with large data sets.
Our team is highly energetic, collaborative, and passionate about our work. We’re looking for a team member who wants to work hard, find innovative solutions, learn more about the leading
edge of web technology, and see results in real-world applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for entire development lifecycle of componentized tasks
- Usage of Kettle ETL tool to accomplish data integration goals
- Moving large amounts of data from various data sources
- Work with bid data and pricing teams to ensure the best possible data
- Identify and create designs and architectures that support scalable business processes
- Reduce manual workload of the Operations team by automating processes
- Gather data for reporting mission critical information to be used in influencing business decisions
- Support existing processes
- Troubleshoot and fix defects as assigned
- Document designs, implementations and share those with your teammates
- Strong development background. Knowledge and demonstration of good practices, theory and process is more important than coding language.
- Experience with Git or SVN
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience accessing data through different types of data stores such as web services, RDMS, flat files etc.
- Self-driven, take initiative and solve problems
- Gathering and understanding business requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of ETL technologies such as Kettle – http://www.pentaho.com/product/data-integration
- Linux and Mac OS X
- Comfortable running jobs and doing basic navigation on Linux servers
WHY JOIN US?
- Extremely fun but dedicated team. We have a great time and accomplish great things! Just make sure to dodge the Nerf darts during a breakout session!
- Our four legged friends are welcome in the office environment.
- Great downtown Golden location close to walking trails, coffee shops and restaurants.
Back to top