ESC IoT Solutions Architect
Position:ESC IoT Solutions Architect
The Solutions Architect would be responsible for helping customers and partners understand, adopt, and deploy a solutions stack to solve for their business opportunity. The solution stack will represent some combination or all of the sensory layer, Local Area Network, Embedded Control, Network layer, Wide Area Network, Data Platform (on-Premise, Private, Public or Hybrid Cloud) and Security (at the edge, network and enterprise) layer.
The position requires technically supporting customers and partners directly as well as driving industry requirements back into the Arrow business units and partners for future product development and solutions support. The ability to answer questions and guide customers surrounding embedded software, standards, technologies and protocols, Gateway integration and connectivity are fundamental to success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Requires a self-motivated professional capable of accurately representing all of the layers in the IOT Solutions Architecture that leads to a deployable offering, efficient go to-market plan and accountable revenue pipeline.
- This role will collaborate closely with Connectivity Specialists, IoT Business Development Managers and geographical field teams, partners and customers in the customer value chain including but not limited to: OEM's, service or manufacturing enterprises, system integrators, solution integrators, solution providers, ISVs & service providers and managed service providers.
- Daily activities will include interfacing with Sr. decision makers for Line of Business and Operational Technology, Hardware and Software Design and Development and information technology.
- The ability to prepare and present proposals that solve for the customer business opportunity will be key to success.
- Roles & Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Proven seasoned solutions professional with a deep understanding of solution sales and the ability to solve customer business needs through innovative application of edge to cloud solutions.
- Results-oriented, proactive, confident under pressure and demonstrated success in solution selling
- Has product development experience from ideation through sales and support
- Out of box thinker, proposes ideas and solutions that have not yet been tried/tested
- Ability to match the business needs/drivers with the correct technical solution
- Excellent at fitting a solution to a targeted price point and operating expense (and can justify any deviations)
- Capable of recommending a complete system architecture from sensor to sunset
- Enjoys working with IoT Business Development and IoT Technical Marketing, OEM's, ISV's, SI'sand other key stakeholders to understand market trends, industry needs, and customer pain points.
- Strong leadership skills, planning, excellent communication, virtual-team engagement, time management, negotiation and presentation skills are essential.
- Ability to positively interact with all levels within the customer base from executive management and sales to hardware & software engineering
- Proven experience in driving complex competitive solution sales scenarios, working in a collaborative environment and taking leadership of driving opportunities to closure.
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering, EE or related technical field
- We seek 5 years minimum experience in a solutions driven sales role and with 2 years of development or design experience.
- Experience in IoT or Systems Solutions sales within either of Industrial and Factories, Retail, Smart City, Smart Building a plus.
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top