ERP Functional Analyst II, Specialist-SCM Environment
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
Oracle Functional Analyst – SCM
Arrow ECS is looking for a talented and highly motivated candidate to join their IT ERP functional team. This role is involved in providing end user support including resolving incidents logged by the business users. In addition, this role this role partners directly with the sales and operations teams to identify, architect and deliver key projects that leverage technology to enhance business processes. The Oracle SCM Functional Analyst will act as a liaison between business users and technical teams by gathering business requirements, performing fit-gap analysis, creating functional specification documents, writing test cases, performing functional testing, and leading projects from initiation through post implementation.
The SCM Functional Analyst needs to have in depth knowledge on the CRM, SCM and related Finance functions of distribution industry. In addition to this, ERP Functional Analyst needs to be able to perform:
- Observe, evaluate and document existing business processes and requirements
- Responsible for translating business requirements into effective functional specifications and efficient design/solutions
- Provide recommendations around how to leverage the IT systems to improve operational efficiencies
- Using standard methodologies, analyze user operational procedures to develop functional systems requirements, and advise and guide team members for such development
- Support the design, creation and maintenance of system interfaces between internal and external sources
- Learn and support various complex custom extensions on top of Oracle ERP
- Provide support to users and assist with troubleshooting application & business process issues and provide training
- Improve process flow and user documentation for different oracle related modules and enhance user knowledge and competency
- Coordinate with business users and external vendors / partners to manage and maintain all IT related systems including a stable and accurate Oracle Applications production instance
- Manage external integrations required within the IT applications to support critical business functions
- Support the IT organization with month end close activities
- Delivery of Sales, Operation, MDM and other IT related projects
- Monitoring alerts to proactively manage any critical functions before failure.
- Create and manage Oracle Service Requests as required
- Perform other duties as assigned based on business needs: i.e., special projects, Enhancements etc.
- Extensive experience of building solutions in various Oracle EBS modules (Sales, Inventory, Quoting, Order Management, Purchasing, Shipping, BOM, WIP, Costing, Advance Pricing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger) and additional knowledge of other modules is required
- Experience in building custom applications on top of EBS applications (including data modeling, architecture etc.)
- Knowledge of B2B processes , interfaces and good understanding of the integration of various modules with other EBS modules
- Must have experience supporting / implementations in Oracle R11 / R12
- Demonstrated proficiency authoring basic to complex queries in SQL and understanding of PL/SQL
- Knowledge and familiarity in underlying Oracle ERP applications database architecture, as well as Oracle database and development tools (Toad or SQL Developer) is required
- Knowledge of Project and Software Development Life Cycle Methodologies
- Ability to analyze and clearly document business processes including the Quote to Cash, Procure to Pay, and Record to Report processes.
- Processes proficient at developing and executing business process specific test scenarios
- Understanding of item costing/accounting concepts and ability to perform reconciliations
- Experience using reporting tools that are leveraged by the sales organizations and ability to support these tools (Oracle Discoverer, Oracle Business Intelligence, and Excel).
- Strong analytical abilities
- Capable of planning and organizing work and processes in a continuously moving support model.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment coordinating with internal customers to help support and enhance business systems
- Ability to create estimates and project plans to support the project delivery life cycle
- Capable of planning and coordinating efforts across project team members
- Experience managing projects and using project management applications (Microsoft Project and/or Clarity software)
- Ability to manage/ self-direct multiple projects and meet predefined deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment including the ability to work collaboratively with internal team/business users
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and strong adaptability skills
- 5-7 years of experience with at least 5 years as Oracle E-Business Suite SCM modules
- 4-year degree from an accredited college/university in Information Systems or related field or equivalent related experience
- Oracle certifications
- Previous experience in the electronics or distribution industries
- Previous experience working for a large public corporation
FUNCTION: Information Technology
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top