EMEA Application Support 1
Position:EMEA Application Support 1
Job Title: Application Support
Division: EMEA IT
Job Location: UK
Reports To: Application Support Manager – EMEA
Background To The Company
Arrow ECS is a specialist IT distributor providing enterprise-class solutions and services focused on data storage, network security, enterprise software, virtualisation and access infrastructure.
Working with our channel partners, we optimise the efficiency with which organisations can store, manage, protect and deploy their data, equipping them with secure access to business-critical information at any time, from any location, on any device.
Through close alliances with the world's leading vendors, we deliver innovative solutions, complemented by an impressive portfolio of expert professional services and IT training.
We support our channel partners from initial consultation, planning and design, engineering build through to implementation and post-sales care.
The Enterprise Support team are responsible for providing Application and Desktop support to Arrow ECS users across EMEA.
Reporting to the Application Support Manager – EMEA, the Application Support team are primarily responsible for Tier 1 support for the core business ERP system(s) across EMEA. The ERP systems are undergoing a consolidation project to migrate to a single pan EMEA ERP system. ERP systems are accessed on a regular basis by approx. 1500 users in 20+ countries.
- Provide 1st line support for the EMEA ERP system(s).
- Log and monitor requests for support from EMEA ERP system users.
- Respond to requests for support in accordance with company procedures.
- Work in conjunction with the system users and the Business System team to deliver solutions to meet business requirements.
- Provide support (1st & 2nd line) for application processes and peripheral systems.
- Create process documentation and training material related to the ERP and application processes.
The successful candidate should demonstrate the following skills / experience:
- Ideally 3 years + experience of supporting users on ERP Systems (Microsoft Dynamics AX highly preferably) within IT distribution / supply chain industry.
- Excellent communication skills, customer service and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with relational databases and SQL.
- Knowledge of business analysis approaches and ability to document business and system processes effectively.
- Knowledge of the following helpful, but not required: Networking, Active Directory, SQL Server, Terminal Services, SharePoint Server.
- Ability to work as part of a team on own initiative.
- Capable of paying close attention to detail.
- Excellent work ethic with a strong sense of urgency
- A flexible approach to hours of work (may be required to work hours beyond the company standard including weekends)
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills.
- Accountability – Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborates – Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others
- Drives Results – Consistently achieves results, takes on new opportunities and tough challenges
- Customer Focus – Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer centric solutions
- Innovation – Creates new and better ways for the organisation to be more successful
Hours of Work
The company's standard hours of work are 9.00am – 5.30 pm with one hour for lunch. However due to the nature of the role there may be some flexibility required especially during month/quarter ends.
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Global Cloud Business Analyst
Jaqueline specializes in cloud business operations by helping new clients onboard and connect with Arrow’s marketplace, implement solutions, and understand best practices to optimize outcomes.
Back to top