EMC Storage Specialist, VMAX/VNX Environment
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
At present, we have an excellent opportunity for an Infrastructure Engineer II, Specialist in our Englewood, Colorado location.
The Information Technology Enterprise Storage Administrator Specialist is defined as a position within the Enterprise Storage Group, which is responsible for managing day to day storage administration tasks and participating in projects for open systems, cloud, and mainframe for both SAN and Network attached storage. This person must be process-oriented, ensuring that standards, policies and procedures are properly deployed within the storage environment. The Enterprise Storage Group (ESG) is responsible for all storage technology management, capacity planning, provisioning, and reporting. In addition, ESG is responsible for assisting local data recovery and for developing and executing disaster recovery plans.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Taking the active role of Storage administration, responsible for the storage technology on all platforms: ESX, Linux, Windows, AIX, and Solaris.
- Participating in large storage projects such as subsystem migrations and new technology implementations.
- Identify capacity requirements.
- Work with storage vendors to obtain proper support and escalation of storage issues.
- Enforce naming conventions, standards, and storage procedures/policies
- Coordinate between infrastructure teams storage technology deployment/project scheduling.
- Maintenance of the Storage environment, ensuring the timely maintenance of software, firmware, drivers, and microcode versions.
- Operational storage support working directly with Server engineering, Applications Development, Computer Operations on projects and/or requests.
- Participate in the problem handling, ensuring that the Storage team is properly engaged to address critical problems.
- Participate in the planning and execution of annual Disaster Recovery exercises.
- Assist in the development and review of operational and procedural documentation.
- Knowledge of Storage management and provisioning of block and networked storage.
- Knowledge of management and implementation of SAN (Brocade preferred).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Outstanding customer service.
- High level of initiative and ownership.
- Must have knowledge of EMC Storage Subsystems, NAS, and Replication technologies.
- Experience with a multi-tiered storage environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Flash Storage Subsystems a plus
- Knowledge of EMC Backup systems, Data domain, Avamar is a plus
- 5+ years working in large corporation with storage management responsibility
- 3+ years working in large corporation directly responsibility for storage related projects
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top