ECS Solutions Architect I
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
JOB SUMMARY: This position provides technical and/or business consultative leadership during the pre-sales and/or post-sales cycle, and is comfortable discussing solutions with other experts in the industry. Handles complex solution creation for mid-range enterprise environments. Provides technical or business analytical leadership for various technologies (i.e. cloud computing, servers, storage, virtualization, security) or business objectives in order to engage the customer or implement and maintain an engagement.
- Identifies and scopes the services necessary to implement solutions. Handles highly technical, complex solution creation for mid-range enterprise environments. Handles proof of concepts for project.
- Develops and cultivates strong customer and vendor relationships.
- Stays current on technical specifications for hardware/software requirements, stays abreast of the latest technology trends in order to develop solutions.
- Helps customers with access to the innovation lab.
- Participates as a technical expert in the pre-sales qualification and is responsible for the delivery of technical architectural design, strategies and plans that will be delivered in the engagement.
- Develops and articulates solutions based on the customer’s strategic business or technical requirements.
- Prepares pre-sales technical architectural and implementation design documents and works with the Project Manager to develop the implementation plan.
- Prepares, maintains and submits activity/progress reports and time recording/management reports in accordance with procedures.
- Proactively alerts the project team of potential problems based upon a strong working knowledge of software/hardware compatibility within the customer’s environment.
- Works closely with the project team to define project deliverables and schedules.
- Helps to identify and leverage resources in order to satisfy the technic al needs and objectives of the solution.
- Supports project and program managers in the design and development of the technical content defined in the statement of work.
- Conducts technical classes, customer demos and webinars.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and training
- 3+ years in highly technical role
- Strong analytical skills, strong technical aptitude, excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to convey technology to all levels within the organization.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Proficiency in hardware, software and operating systems environments.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Technical certifications are required and will vary based on business that is being supported.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This position is required to travel approximately 20% of the time.
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top