Eastern Region Sales Manager
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
Job Title: Eastern Region Sales Manager
The Eastern Region Sales Manager provides management and leadership for local sales and service support personnel who sell and service A. E. Petsche Company customers in that region.
The Eastern Region Sales Manager hires, develops and supervises the territory sales management team and leads them in the execution of the sales strategy that wins and keeps customers for the A. E. Petsche Company. He/she is expected to work with the sales staff to meet company objectives and provides ongoing support to the rest of the Region’s sales/service organization. He/She is expected to provide regular input to AEP executive management and directly participate in the business strategy development.
- Directs the sale of A. E. Petsche Company’s products and services to companies in the assigned markets.
- Provide leadership for the field sales and sales support organization in the sales, support and implementation of A. E. Petsche Company products and services.
- Develop forecasts and other reports that meet company objectives.
- Develop and liaise with key A.E. Petsche Company suppliers
- Supervise and manage the development of customer solutions and sales proposals.
- Motivates the field sales organization to meet all company objectives.
- Attain and exceed forecast sales objectives for A. E. Petsche Company products and services.
- Identify, understand, analyze and communicate product sales applications, new product opportunities and new sales campaigns for the field sales group.
- Provide management support and direction over sight to non-sales people in the Region.
- Review and approve sales forecasts and manage them on a bi-monthly basis and submit to senior management.
- Sales and Sales Management Skills
- Formulate, execute and implement strategies which positively impact sales and performance results.
- Manage all sales employees by clarifying individual goals, providing development and training and motivating performance.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed organization
- Sales Leadership ◦ Review Regional sales opportunities in new and existing accounts.
- Develop and direct Regional market strategies to identify target companies and develop market strategies to profitably grow revenues.
- Participate in selected, high value calls and customer sales/service activities and make recommendations on improving processes and procedures to maximize revenues and efficiencies.
- Analyze and establish improved sales processes that grow revenues and market share.
- Interpersonal Skills ◦ Build appropriate rapport and establish constructive and effective relationships with employees, executives, peers and customers to meet business needs.
- Develop and maintain high personal viability, credibility and trust.
- Delegate activities to members of the Regional sales management staff to develop individual capabilities and expand the knowledge base of the entire organization.
- Adapt personal style, work methods and individual capabilities to contribute to business goals.
- Partnering/Teamwork ◦ Ability to lead and collaborate with other members of the A. E. Petsche Company and Arrow team in the execution of the business strategy.
- Communicate expected outcomes of presentations, conferences and meeting with customers to other team members.
- Represent the company in industry events and serve as the primary voice of the company with large accounts.
- Supervise and where needed, participate in the negotiation of contracts and long term agreements with major accounts.
- Business, Financial and Technical Expertise ◦ Excellent understanding of the PEMCO military/aerospace industry and the challenges faced by the customer.
- Ability to work with customer’s senior management to design, sell and implement complex PEMCO product solutions and interface these with A. E. Petsche Company capability.
- Effectively discuss business and industry issues with customers and senior management.
- Develop realistic forecasts for revenues and margins and work with management to improve the ability of the Region sales team to expand their ability to meet customer needs.
- Project Management ◦ Ability to orchestrate numerous activities and the efforts of several parties in driving the selling process from inception to implementation.
- Provide regular feedback to AEP executive management on key projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- MBA highly desirable
- Previous experience (8 – 15 years) in field sales and/or sales management in technical sales to the aerospace, defense or electrical component (EMCO)/wiring industry.
- An excellent level of comprehensive business skills and knowledge in corporate, technical, product, industry and competitive areas related to the product offerings of A. E. Petsche Company.
- Candidate should be self-disciplined, a self-starter and possess strong written and oral communication, leadership, problem solving, planning and organizational skills in English
- Candidate should have previous management experience in developing and supervising a sales and service organization.
- Candidate should be computer literate and have the ability to use the Microsoft Office product suite including Word, Excel and Power Point.
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top