EAD Technician Lead
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
At present, we have an excellent opportunity for a Ist shift, EAD Technician Lead in our Gahanna, Ohio location.
The EAD Technician Lead is responsible for the day-to-day functions of the team that he or she is leading. These responsibilities include the administration of the functions, which include the testing, data erasure, repair, and quality assurance of assets processed in the department. This position will be responsible for the Server Area.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Set up and test PC systems, laptops, servers and peripheral product at an expert level
Responsible for training of associates in the area
- Serve as a backup to the function of all levels of Test Operators
- Coordinate and monitor the work load and flow of all Operators, Clerks, and Material Handlers assigned to the Testing area to assure that standards for efficiency, quality, safety and housekeeping are maintained
- Assist the Production Supervisor in the maintenance of departmental records and reports.
- Assist in the training of employees as it pertains to company work methods, processing procedures, and technical skill development;
- Assist the Production Supervisor in planning and maintaining departmental goals and objectives;
- Refer issues and problems to management and/or appropriate support groups as necessary
- Assist in the reporting of accidents and injuries to the department manager and other designated points of contact (HR, EHS)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and write English, ability to read and understand written work instructions.
- Tolerance for the physical demands of working in a warehouse (ability to stand, lift up to 50 lbs., bend and kneel for extended periods of time in an environment that is not climate controlled)
- Expert knowledge in setting up and testing of PC, laptop, network, server and peripheral product.
- Demonstrated maturity and ability to coordinate and motivate a team.
- Ability to work overtime as needed and be flexible with shift changes
- Education / Experience: High school Diploma / GED. 2 years experience as an EAD Technician is preferred.
- Skills: Leadership ability, continuous process improvement, customer service skills, conflict resolution, clear and concise verbal and written communication skills, WMS experience.
- Functional Knowledge: Expert knowledge in setting up and testing of PC, laptop, network, server and peripheral product. Must have a broader knowledge of other areas in order to understand how they related to the specific work required.
- Business Expertise: Good understanding of how the team integrates with others in accomplishing the objectives of the area (such as department or branch).
- Leadership: Provides training, allocates work, checks progress and completion.
- Problem Solving – Ability to analyze information and resolve problems by identifying and selecting solutions through the application of technical experience guided by precedent.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer skills – MS Office with strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiar with requirements pertaining to the ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, RIOS, & R2 standards.
- CompTIA A+ Certification
Apply via CLEAR on Planet Arrow
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top