EAD Technician I
Position:EAD Technician I
Electronic Asset Disposition (EAD) Technician At present, we have an excellent opportunity for an EAD Technician in our Symrna, Georgia location.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform set up and testing of PC monitors;
- Perform set up and data wipe of PC hard drives; perform minor audit verification of data wipe;
- Perform minor mechanical or electronic adjustment to equipment being tested.
- Disassemble and remove subassemblies as may be required for established parts harvesting and recycling procedures;
- Maintain a safe work environment and good housekeeping by following established safety procedures;
- Maintain required quality and production levels;
- Maintain administrative related duties in a timely manner (i.e. reports, timely punches at time clock, etc);
- Other duties as assigned MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- HS Diploma or equivalent plus some technical training
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Entry level PC unit testing experience and ability to monitor multiple systems at a time;
- Ability to identify system test failures and apply basic knowledge of computer hardware;
- Ability to use test equipment/simulators to test components;
- Basic understanding of software diagnostic tools;
- Basic knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to read and write English; ability to read and understand written work instructions
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Technical training credits in Electronics Technology
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy. Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow's technology. Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year. http://benefits.arrow.com EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Location:Smyrna (US Micro)
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Global Cloud Business Analyst
Jaqueline specializes in cloud business operations by helping new clients onboard and connect with Arrow’s marketplace, implement solutions, and understand best practices to optimize outcomes.
Back to top