EAD Technician - 1st Shift
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform set up and testing of IT equipment and components with software programs
- Perform set up and data wipe; perform audit verification of data wipe
- Perform minor troubleshooting on units missing hardware using established test equipment and procedures
- Prepare and assemble product as well as identify non-conforming issues
- Analyze symptoms displayed by unit to determine pass or fail status
- Perform minor mechanical or electronic adjustment to equipment being tested.
- Disassemble and remove subassemblies
- Maintain a safe work environment and exceptional housekeeping by following established safety procedures including wearing required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Maintain required quality and production levels
- Maintain administrative related duties in a timely manner (i.e. reports, timely punches at time clock, etc.)
- Ability to identify basic IT devices including, PC’s, laptops, HDD’s, printers, networking, monitors
- Ability to identify and work with server blade enclosures and blade servers.
- Ability to clear and test enterprise level networking equipment.
- Good knowledge and understanding of part, parts removal and harvesting for later use.
- Intermediate level unit testing experience and ability to monitor multiple systems at a time
- Ability to identify system test failures and apply above average knowledge of computer hardware
- Ability to use test equipment/simulators to test components
- Good understanding of software diagnostic tools
- Basic knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of warehouse operations
- Written and verbal communication skills
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Previous experience in a manufacturing, warehouse, production, or general labor work environment
- Technical/functional knowledge of computer hardware
- A+ certification
- Associates (two year) degree
- Must be comfortable working under productivity and quality standards
- Must like working independently
- Impeccable attendance is required (reliability)
- Respectful and team contributor (cleanliness and communication)
- Be available to work a flexible work schedule as needed
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top