The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
The Director, Sales is responsible for the strategy and execution of their respective Sales Team, providing leadership towards the achievement of maximum sales, profitability and growth. As the leader for the Arrow, the Director, Sales creates a vision for their team and ensures their effectiveness by organizing analytics, improving processes and meeting and exceeding SLA’s. The position creates an environment of unified vision between vendor and Arrow and acts as an advocate to spread vendors’ sales strategy throughout business. The Director, Sales has an expert knowledge of the ECS business, and is able to leverage Arrow’s strengths to build relationships and grow our brand. Responsible for mentoring, developing and motivating their Sales team; creates a high performance culture and a pipeline of successors to all leadership positions within their team.
- Leadership: Sets the tone for their Sales Team through professional demeanor and appropriate responsiveness to the organization. Creates an environment of unified vision between vendor and Arrow’s customer service and sales capacity. Strategically manages vendor and customer relationships to ensure all parties receive the most from the partnership. Collaborates and creates win-win situations for Arrow and vendor. Ensures high potential talent on their teams through guiding managers on recruiting, hiring, performance reviews, development plans and promotional opportunities. Accountable for succession planning for all leadership roles in their organization.
- Sales: Creates a vision and strategy for respective business/sales team, provides leadership in achieving maximum sales, profitability and growth. Uses sales data and metrics to implement systems and processes to grow and improve sales team. Has a Senior-Level understanding of the marketplace and trends, able to find solutions to shortcomings in sales numbers through actively managing opportunities. Rolls up the forecast to the General Manager/Finance for review. Measures performance against goals and evaluates results.
- Relationship Building: Creates a partnership with vendor and customers with trust and respect as foundational elements. Dedicated to leveraging relationships to enhance brand, sales and profitability at Arrow. Acts with vendors, customers and Arrow in mind during all decision making.
- Administrative: Responsible for organizing analytics and reporting detailing the effectiveness of their Sales Team. Improves processes and SLA’s for the Sales Team. Ensures their Sales Team is meeting the expectations of the business unit.
- Director, Sales has leadership and supervisory responsibilities for their Sales Team and partners with all other areas of the business to ensure success.
- Project leadership and management authority for designated Sales Team. Recruit, hire, develop and mentor high‐performing, high‐potential talent. Define roles, responsibilities and work priorities for the team. Define recommendations for operational improvements, strategic objectives and overall team effectiveness.
- Four year college degree, preferably in Business or Sales/Marketing
- Master’s degree preferred
- 10 years of directly related experience in progressively more responsible positions
- Experience selling to the federal government, Department of Defense and US Army.
- Travel required, up to 40% of the time
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top