The Director, Sales is responsible for the strategy and execution of the Zeus - Military and Aerospace sales organization, providing leadership towards the achievement of maximum sales, profitability and growth. As the leader for the Arrow Zeus, the Director, Sales creates a vision for their team and ensures their effectiveness by organizing analytics, improving processes and meeting and exceeding SLA's. The position creates an environment of unified vision between supplier and Arrow and acts as an advocate to spread suppliers, sales strategy throughout business. The Director, Sales has an expert knowledge of the Military and Aerospace Zeus business, and is able to leverage Arrow's strengths to build relationships and grow our brand. Responsible for mentoring, developing and motivating their Sales team; creates a high performance culture and a pipeline of successors to all leadership positions within their team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leadership: Sets the tone for their Sales Team through professional demeanor and appropriate responsiveness to the organization. Creates an environment of unified vision between supplier and Arrow's customer service and sales capacity. Strategically manages supplier and customer relationships to ensure all parties receive the most from the partnership. Collaborates and creates win-win situations for Arrow and supplier. Ensures high potential talent on their teams through guiding managers on recruiting, hiring, performance reviews, development plans and promotional opportunities. Accountable for succession planning for all leadership roles in their organization.
- Sales: Creates a vision and strategy for respective business/sales team, provides leadership in achieving maximum sales, profitability and growth. Uses sales data and metrics to implement systems and processes to grow and improve sales team. Has a Senior-Level understanding of the marketplace and trends, able to find solutions to shortcomings in sales numbers through actively managing opportunities. Rolls up the forecast to the General Manager/Finance for review. Measures performance against goals and evaluates results.
- Relationship Building: Creates a partnership with supplier and customers with trust and respect as foundational elements. Dedicated to leveraging relationships to enhance brand, sales and profitability at Arrow. Acts with suppliers, customers and Arrow in mind during all decision making.
- Administrative: Responsible for organizing analytics and reporting detailing the effectiveness of their Sales Team. Improves processes and SLA's for the Sales Team. Ensures their Sales Team is meeting the expectations of the business unit.
- College degree or equivalent experience and training
- 10 years of directly related experience in progressively more responsible positions
- Proven record of success in field sales in Aerospace & Defense required
- Communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with military customers
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Global Cloud Business Analyst
Jaqueline specializes in cloud business operations by helping new clients onboard and connect with Arrow’s marketplace, implement solutions, and understand best practices to optimize outcomes.
Back to top