Director, Project and Product Management
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
The Director in charge of the Arrow Digital Project and Product Management Office will provide leadership, guidance, oversight and vision to the development and operation of a best in class Transformation Project team. The successful candidate will be passionate about delivering transformative, technology-related projects and products.
- Develop and implement a full functioning, global PMO for the Arrow Digital business, including: consistent methods and tools for project initiation, team structure, financial management, risk management, new product development processes, project/program reviews, escalation processes, business case development and cross-functional team leadership.
- Work cross-company with key business stakeholders and partners to drive a continuous improvement culture/mindset with respect to delivery and leadership demonstrated through the utilization of useful performance metrics and defined performance improvement plans; produce monthly reporting on KPIs and product roadmap.
- Partners with management to develop the vision, strategy and roadmap based on market trends, market opportunity, customer needs, competitive analysis and input from data, sales, marketing and analysts.
- Directs the scoping, release and maintenance of Arrow.com related system and/or process transformations; ensures integrated execution plans across internal and external teams as required.
- Leads departmental or cross-functional teams, focused on ensuring that projects are aligned to business goals and customer needs, within budget and with the appropriate blend of Project and Product management methodologies.
- Manage the development backlog, prioritizing new projects, features, enhancements and defects against business transformation priorities; ensures that completed projects are efficiently and effectively productized and iterated upon when appropriate.
- Responsible for accumulating and disseminating P2MO best practices. Communicates and drives the use of standards, policies, procedures and best practices and applies lessons learned to improve select performance outcomes across the organization.
- Participate in strategic planning and implementation of major engineering, technology & innovation strategies and initiatives as determined by the business unit leads, Engineering Directors and CTO.
- 10 years of experience in a leadership position in an eCommerce, distribution or a related industry, ideally with both B2C and B2B experience.
- Experience in managing multiple, medium to large cross-functional teams and projects.
- Solid leadership presence and ability to lead a global multi-site PMO team; knows what a good PMO looks like with a track record of continuous improvement in a new product development environment.
- Understands and can implement project portfolio management techniques to continuously improve return on project investment.
- Understands the factors influencing project cycle time, and has the proven ability to implement practices that result in reductions in over-all project time to completion.
- Familiarity with a variety of delivery methodologies including Project- and Product-oriented approaches.
- Agile/Scrum etc. experience; ability to prioritize effectively. 5 years of A/B testing / user testing & experimentation.
- Degree in Marketing/Computer Science/Engineering/Science or other relevant field, with demonstrated technical abilities.
- Experience analyzing customer needs and developing products to meet and exceed them.
- Strong ability to lead by example and manage large complicated projects with individuals who are not direct reports.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; superb presentation, analytical, and logical skills.
- Able to travel up to 25% (domestically and internationally).
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top