Do you want to lead, coach and improve the operational process of our two Sites in Venlo?
Arrow Electronics is a fast growing global provider of products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions. Arrow is a company with 20.000 employees worldwide of which 700 employees are working in Venlo. The Distribution Logistics Centre in Venlo supplies 40.000 European customers. More than 6.000 packages a day are shipped to customers all over Europe, as well as worldwide. Arrow has a growth mindset and is constantly implementing additional services for its customers. The corporate culture within Arrow can be described as informal, open, and direct and result oriented.
Arrow Electronics is looking for an enthusiastic Director Operations who wants to lead and increase our logistic business. Are you looking for a challenging role which enables you to take the initiative and show your talent?
In your role as Director Operations you will be the guide of the complete Logistics Operations. You will be overall responsible for all operational departments, maintenance, facility/purchasing, and value added services of our two warehouses in Venlo. You will manage 6 direct reports/500 indirect employees. The ultimate goals are to achieve the desired service and quality indicators, improve productivity and control cost. You will also represent the logistics function in various customer and supplier meetings. Your focus is to maintain a stable operation in which people work in a healthy and safe environment where they can develop themselves.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Lead your teams to achieve the timely and correct order fulfillment.
- Strive for continuous improvement and ensure 'sense of urgency' attitude.
- Improve productivity, service and quality.
- Being an change champion for your teams.
- Recognizing bottlenecks in processes and procedures, initiate and drive resolution.
- Coaching and developing talent.
- Performing periodical business reviews with related accounts and reporting accordingly.
- Manage costs and take budget responsibility.
- Cooperate in projects to improve our processes.
- Managing Health and Safety standards within the warehouse.
The Director Operations reports directly to the VP Logistics & Operations EMEA and is the sparring-partner with regards to the development and growth of the organization.
We are looking for a reliable and independent person with a "hands-on" mentality and an extravert attitude. You have at least a Bachelor degree in Logistics, Engineering or Economics and 10+ years working experience in managing large scale and complex logistics or production operations. Next to that you have a proven track record in developing teams and individual talents and you are competence in English, Dutch and German in speaking and writing.
- You have a motivating and stimulating management style and can effectively lead and manage people.
- You are a result driven person both in managing operations as well in as in driving projects, using facts and data.
- You enjoy customer interaction and have built strong experience presenting to customers, preferable in the High Tech and/or Automotive sector.
- You communicate in an open, direct and clear manner on various levels in the operation as well as on other levels in the organization.
- You embrace change/innovation, keeping close eye on the processes and you initiate improvements in your operation in an energetic and enthusiastic way.
- You have strong analytical skills and you want to work in a dynamic environment.
- You have experience with WMS-systems and Microsoft Office.
- You have knowledge and experience with quality systems (ISO 9001, ISO14001, 5S).
We offer a challenging job within a modern and dynamic organization. You will work in an international, ambitious and growth oriented company with a global scope. The terms of employment are in conformity with the market and the working conditions are optimal.
Are you thinking five years out?
Then apply online to Bonny Smedts (HR Specialist).
Please refer to the source where you found this open position.
Arrow Europe, Dirk Hartogweg 8, 5928 LV Venlo.
Acquisition with regard to this position is not appreciated.
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top