Director of Business Development
Director of Business Development
Business Development Director - Marubun/Arrow
Marubun Arrow U.S.A. is a joint venture formed as a business alliance between Marubun of Japan and Arrow Electronics in the USA. As providers of electronic components, computer products, and technical solutions, these organizations assembled a dynamic and talented group of people to run a multinational organization. Over the last sixteen years of existence, the high commitment to shared leadership has created an environment that fosters growth and development in the dynamic electronic distribution industry.
The Business Development Director:
• Provides leadership and direction to global sales and marketing teams. Develops and implements global business development objectives that focus on the integration of new technologies into our product portfolio.
• Implement global business objectives to ensure growth. May include identification and implementation of acquisition targets and/or potential partners.
• Develops strategic relationships with key suppliers to partner in productive and profitable sales growth.
• Recruit, hire and mentor top sales business development staff. Provide leadership and talent development for the business development staff and global marketing staff.
• Provides leadership to managers, supervisors and/or professional staff
• Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple related units
• Develops departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities
• Controls resources and policy formation in area of responsibility
• Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives
• Looks beyond existing methodologies and own discipline to define and resolve complex problems
• Develops plans and delivers results in fast-changing businesses and/or regulatory environments
• Provides input to functional or departmental strategy
• Manages large, potentially diverse teams of managers and/or senior professionals
- Bachelor's Degree required, advanced degree preferred
- 10-15 years Sales Leadership experience across multiple regions required. Global leadership experience strongly preferred
- Experience in semiconductor sales leadership
- Able to direct specific tasks through prescribed processes, as well as identify, document, and implement improvements
- Comprehensive knowledge of standard Sales & Enablement processes and sales database systems
- Ability to multi-task and work across multiple locations and time zones
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to adapt and learn various processes. Be comfortable moving from one area of focus to another with minimal transition time
- Demonstrated ability to communicate quickly and succinctly by email, voice and IM
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
- Excellent communication, presentation, and collaboration skills in a global environment
- English language proficient; multi-lingual (Japanese and Spanish) a plus
Customer Facing/Supplier Facing
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top