Director, North America Business Development
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
Director, North America Business Development, Arrow Intelligent Systems
The Director of North America Business Development is a highly collaborative, influential, and experienced sales leader responsible for creating new business opportunities which significantly accelerate Arrow Intelligent Systems’ revenue and profitability and help fulfill the company’s vision to expand its client base.
As a key member sales leadership team, this position achieves these goals by developing, leading and implementing the company’s sales strategy. This includes business development activities aimed at supporting the growth of Arrow Intelligent Systems (AIS) through driving net new, inorganic customer opportunities. This role is also responsible for developing and leading a world-class business development organization supported by clear and effective tools, processes and plans.
This role reports to and works closely with the VP, North America Sales & Business Development and collaborates with a broad range of Arrow functions and leadership teams.
- Lead NA Business Development team, which entails the recruiting, hiring and development of business development professionals who are focused on “hunting” new opportunities across North America.
- Establish and execute Business Development strategic plan and goals, including establishing leading and lagging indicators measuring performance and growth.
- Identify opportunities (through individual marketing efforts as well as corporate-driven marketing programs), initiate the sales processes, negotiate terms and close deals.
- Assess prospective clients’ needs, and create sales strategies / proposals that will highlight Arrow Intelligent Systems value added services and how they align with those needs.
- Develop relevant professional partnerships and other new business growth initiatives.
- Identify/cultivate prospects and develop relationships leading to new business.
- Be responsible with every stage of the sales cycle from prospecting to closing.
- Meet and exceed sales revenue targets, prepare accurate pipeline activity reports.
- Assess market and industry vertical trends to determine opportunities to promote Arrow Intelligent Systems.
- Work closely with all internal Arrow Intelligent Systems stakeholders: sales management, asset, inside sales and solutions consultants, delivery, operations & finance teams in the pursuit of client satisfaction and delivery profitability.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 10 years of experience in consulting, product or services sales.
- Experience in managing, leading and motivating a team of experienced sales professionals.
- Proven successful experience selling value added services or consulting services, including both new business capture and existing account growth.
- Demonstrated understanding of key issues within the service and OEM sector, technologies utilized by clients, as well as the current and potentially emerging demands in the market, etc.
- Top sales producer with consistent track record of meeting and exceeding revenue targets.
- Experience in selling to and developing relationships with senior level executives.
- Ability to create and deliver effective business presentations to senior-level client prospects.
- Experience negotiating contracts and business terms.
- Ability to accurately estimate consulting engagements, respond to RFPs, and assess long term profitability of deals.
- A proven track record in complicated, solution selling, service business sales.
- The ideal candidate must be versed/experienced in hunting brand new clients and building accounts, as well as making a ‘consultative sale’ i.e. understanding the client issue and then tailoring a solution for that client.
- Well organized, structured and self-motivated, someone who is a doer and closer.
- Extremely strong writing and communication skills.
- Bring excellent project management and organization skills with the ability to seamlessly multi-task and lead multiple high-priority, time-sensitive initiatives in parallel.
- The ideal candidate must possess working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Salesforce.com.
- Bias to action and perseverance to follow through – ability to self-motivate to successfully develop and execute strategy and associated action plans.
- Strong attention to detail and exacting work standards.
- Unquestionably high ethical standards and attention to reputation and compliance risks.
- Ability to think critically and in tactical and strategic dimensions simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in real time and exercise judgment in high-paced, high-stakes environment.
- Strong team orientation: Team-first mentality and demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional efforts, effectively leading others to deliver.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility, trust and support within all levels of the organization (i.e. peers, subordinates and senior management).
- A strong, energetic and influential leader. A great communicator who is able to work with all levels of the organization.
- As a leader in the company, he/she will inspire and build community through connecting people to our mission and vision, and invest in building relationships and trust in the organization.
- This individual will provide clarity for decision-making and role-model integrity and objectivity. He/she will share and welcome ideas and challenge the status quo.
- This leader will illustrate personal and organizational accountability through effective goal setting, goal attainment and follow-through.
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Travel Requirements: 50+% travel; visiting with key external stakeholders and client meetings.
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top