Director, Global Supply Chain Operations
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
Director, Global Supply Chain Operations – Richardson RFPD, an Arrow Company (www.richardsonrfpd.com)
Location: Geneva, IL
Reporting to the President of Richardson RFPD, you will work interactively with senior management to formulate and execute on the key objectives of the organization as they relate to global operations.
You will manage and direct Richardson RFPD’s Global Operations/Logistics warehouses and 3PL providers from Dock to Stock and Pick to Ship process which entails working with Assets, Customer Relations, Product Content, Transportation, Trade Compliance and Warehouse staff/management to ensure the seamless order flow all the while driving cost control initiatives through process redesign and effective customer support methodologies.
- Global operations oversight, providing leadership beyond direct reports including management of global distribution network, including purchasing, order processing/approvals, logistics, reverse logistics, customer service, product content, quality, trade compliance and warehouse personnel to ensure timely shipping.
- Gauge/monitor the external vendor supply chain and internal logistics needs by ensuring appropriate resources are aligned to meet the needs of the company and customers.
- Oversight responsibility for global customer relations departments in Asia Pac, NA and EMEA. Ensuring timely release of customer sales orders aligned with the corporate mandates for cost, profit and trade compliance guidelines. Responsibility for the administration of worldwide order entry and resulting backorder management through to order completion ensuring that all shippable domestic and international orders are processed daily.
- Direct management responsibility for global purchasing(Assets)
- Direct management responsibility for global reverse logistics policies, procedures and practices related to product returns, customer invoice/cost discrepancies and over-all customer and sales satisfaction.
- Direct management responsibility for all financial invoice corrections, including debit, credits, and returns.
- Warehouse/Inventory direct management with direct accountability for RFPD owned warehouse facilities. Contract negotiation and monitor same for 3PL facilities and contractors, including Arrow PDC which house RFPD inventory. Oversee global distribution warehouses including staffing, inventory, workflow, and systems surrounding warehousing activities. RFPD’s “go to” contact for all warehouse and inventory related activities.
- Manages controllable costs in accordance with budgeted parameters and reviews monthly P&L for variances from budget. Participates in budget preparation and revenue/account analyses and ensures the accurate preparation distribution of reports to Senior Staff on timely basis. Achieves financial objectives by establishing objectives; developing budgets; controlling costs; maximizing use of assets. Responsible for Global Operations budget of $2.8 million to support annual revenue of $450 million.
- Develops and administers operational and administrative policies, standards and practices.
- Leads, mentors and develops direct reports and subordinates through hands on process based leadership and accountability.
- Communicate, implement and interpret customer service policies and procedures as applies to work situations, recommending corrective services to adjust customer complaints
- Responsible for administering and coordinating customer service programs within established policies adhering to SOX and ISO9001 mandates.
- Supervise the administration of customer complaints and accompanying steps taken to resolve situation. Including the supervising of daily processing of credits and approval of replacement/return orders and related correspondence.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of 10 years of operations experience with at least 3 at a senior level
- Proven ability to effectively communicate at many levels (internal and external)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills required: Ability to identify and analyze quality and operational processes and then drive corrective / preventative action plans
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top