Director, Global Strategy & Operations
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
Arrow Intelligent Systems (AIS), formerly Arrow OCS is seeking an executive with strong leadership, analytical and operational management skills. The ideal candidate will have significant professional experience enabling cross-functional, global sales teams to succeed through strategic planning and execution, focused on people, process and technology.
The Director will be a leader on the team dedicated to advancing Arrow Intelligent Systems business against strategic initiatives and growth objectives. The successful candidate for this position will have an outstanding track record and comfortable tackling issues impacting sales growth and operational execution.
The Director will play a Key Leadership role in the direction and management of the business, including:
- Establishing strategic initiatives and goals, to measure and improve AIS operational maturity and performance on a global scale.
- Working closely with clients to enhance the client experience through the development of an effective client onboarding and services program.
- Establishing and managing a Diagnostic Control System (Scorecard) for the organization which provides KPI’s (leading and lagging) to measure and drive the effectiveness of organization’s performance over time.
- Partnering with the Arrow AIS leadership team to identify gaps of operational effectiveness and executing on applicable action plans.
- Elevating sales relationships and driving measurable, sustainable revenue growth and operational sales management performance discipline, specifically around pipeline and forecasting.
- Establishing and implementing operations processes related to the successful attainment of the organization’s financial plan.
- Directing company operations to meet budget and other goals.
- Managing our global integration centers, including supply chain, logistics and global distribution.
- Ability to lead, manage and influence global cross-functional teams effectively.
- Communicating insights from actionable data to align the organization’s behavior with business objectives and value proposition.
- Leading, participating in and supporting inter-company initiatives.
- Assisting in developing and implementing AIS’s strategic plan; including, resource allocation, key performance indicators, budgeting & forecasting.
- Monitoring, analyzing and communicating external and internal business/industry trends and performance of key business metrics.
Because the position will operate with a great deal of autonomy, the Director position requires excellent communication, decision making, project management and planning skills. He or she must set his or her own deadlines and milestones for projects to ensure that work is completed in the expected time frame. They must also demonstrate essential skills of the strategy and operations group:
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 15 years work experience
- Demonstrated analytical reasoning or quantitative analysis skills
- Responsible for talent development, acquisition, and succession planning for the Operational team.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with constituents at all levels in the organization.
- Proven ability to manage multiple and global simultaneous projects and cross-functional teams
- Ability to formulate and deliver clearly complex information, issues and recommendations in both written and oral presentation to senior management
- Discretion in handling sensitive company, department and individual performance information
- Experience in process control analysis, business intelligence, project management, and operations
- Ability to work globally and with diverse constituents
- Leadership and management experience
- Bias to action and perseverance to follow through – ability to motivate and influence to successfully develop and execute action plans.
- Strong attention to detail and exacting work standards.
- Ability to be proactive in recognizing needs and opportunities for the organization.
- Unquestionably high ethical standards and attention to reputation and compliance risks.
- Ability to think critically and in tactical and strategic dimensions simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in real time and exercise judgment in high-paced, high-stakes environment.
- Strong team orientation: Team-first mentality and demonstrated ability to lead global cross-functional efforts, effectively leading others to deliver.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility, trust and support within all levels of the organization (i.e. peers, subordinates and senior management).
- A strong influential leader and great communicator (both orally and written) able to work with all levels of the organization
- As a leader in the company, he/she will build community through connecting people to our mission and vision, and invest in building relationships and trust in the organization.
- This individual will provide clarity for decision-making and role-model integrity and objectivity. He/she will share and welcome ideas and challenge the status quo.
- This leader will illustrate personal and organizational accountability through effective goal setting and follow-through.
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top