The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
Engineering Director | Industrial IoT
The Engineering Director for Industrial IoT would lead a global team responsible for helping customers and partners understand, adopt, and deploy a solutions stack to solve for their business opportunity. Requires a self-motivated professional who will lead a team capable of accurately representing all of the layers in the IOT Solutions Architecture that leads to a deployable offering that meets the customers’ business objective. The solution stack will represent some combination or all of the sensory layer, Local Area Network, Embedded Control, Network layer / Wide Area Network, Data Platform (on-Premise, Private, Public or Hybrid Cloud) and Security (at the edge, network and enterprise) layer.
The team will support customers and partners directly as well as driving industry requirements back into the Arrow business units and partners for future product development and solutions support. The ability to answer questions and guide customers surrounding embedded software, standards, technologies and protocols, Gateway integration and connectivity are fundamental to success. The team will consist of Solution Architects, Systems Engineers and Software Applications Engineers.
This role will collaborate closely with IoT Business Development Managers and geographical field teams, partners and customers in the customer value chain including but not limited to: oem’s, service or manufacturing enterprises, system integrators, solution integrators, solution providers, ISVs & service providers and managed service providers. Daily activities will include interfacing with Sr. decision makers for Line of Business and Operational Technology, Hardware and Software Design and Development and information technology. The ability to prepare and present proposals that solve for the customer business opportunity will be key to success.
Roles & Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Proven professional with a deep understanding of solution sales and the ability to solve customer business needs through innovative application of edge to cloud implementations.
- Results-oriented, proactive, confident under pressure and demonstrated success in solution selling.
- Leads a team to schedules and milestones with a SCRUM based agile framework orientated around sprint sessions focused on successful on-time customer outcomes.
- This leader should have product development experience from ideation through sales and support. Capable of recommending a complete system architecture from sensor to sunset.
- Out of box thinker, proposes ideas and solutions that have not yet been tried/tested and then realize them.
- Ability to match the business needs/drivers with the correct technical solution.
- Excellent at fitting a solution to a targeted price point and operating expense (and can justify any deviations).
- Always learning this leader enjoys working with IoT Business Development and IoT Technical Marketing, OEM’s, ISV’s, SI’s and other key stakeholders to understand market trends, industry needs, and customer pain points.
- Ability to positively interact with all levels within the customer base from executive management and sales
- Strong leadership skills, planning, excellent communication, virtual-team engagement, time management, negotiation and presentation skills are essential.
- Masters in Computer Science, Science or Electronic Engineering preferred.
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering, EE or related technical field required.
- We seek 10 years minimum experience in engineering, engineering management, product development or R&D with at least five years experience in leading successful engineering teams.
- Experience in IoT Client Services or Systems Solutions sales within either of Industrial and Factories, Retail, Smart City, Smart Building a plus.
- Experience in leading teams within a SCRUM Agile Project Management framework desired.
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top