Director APAC Transportation and Trade Operations
The incumbent provides the strategic development, direction and overall management of the Arrow Transportation organization. The assigned position includes but is not limited to the essential duties and responsibilities defined below.
What You'll Be Doing
- Responsible for the APAC transportation and trade operations for Arrow Electronics.
- Develops and directs implementation of plans for transportation logistics organization to achieve cross-functional goals.
- Responsible for the development of the optimal APAC transportation and trade operations strategy to support global customer contract requirements, global inventory optimization, and other requirements. The strategy development includes APAC transportation network modeling and analysis, strategic 3PL and 4PL feasibility studies, benefit analyses, implementation strategies, and supplier negotiations, and supplier relationship development.
- Responsible for APAC import/export functions, including trade operations and security compliance (AEO).
- Responsible for APAC assurance of transportation and trade operations compliance in a highly regulated environment (controlled parts).
- Responsible for the successful relationship and contract management of the existing Arrow APAC transportation & logistics supplier relationships, agreements, processes/systems development and improvement.
- Accountable and responsible for the integration of the selected logistics strategy with the overall Arrow business goals and objectives, as well as financial responsibilities and achieving results.
- Provides key support and initiative in the Sales and Operations Planning processes.
- Provides key support and imitative for all Arrow APAC sites.
- Heavily influences short and long term business goals and corporate objectives.
- Works with internal and/or external resources to resolve problems of exceptional complexity and sensitivity.
- Participates and promotes staff participation on cross-functional and/or inter organizational teams.
- Directs the development and management of budget for areas of responsibility.
- A bachelor's degree with a minimum of 10 recent years of experience in directly related fields.
- Extensive experience in transportation logistics and trade operations in a Global environment.
- Demonstrated management experience with global and domestic logistics network modeling, transportation modes and requirements, international shipping requirements, import/export compliance and management, including benefits and risks of shipping modes and storage method alternatives.
- Demonstrated solid experience with 3PL and 4PL/LLP suppliers.
- Experience in the electronics industry preferred.
- Proven leadership and managerial abilities demonstrated by developing, coaching, and training others in an organizational setting.
- Demonstrate understanding of accounting and finance in order to analyze costs and benefits of strategies, projects, or initiatives.
- Demonstrate understanding of transfer pricing methodologies and incoterms.
- Demonstrate ability to manage complex projects while successfully meeting budget and schedule constraints and project objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to establish project schedules, manage projects, set priorities, set objectives, and negotiate deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively in a Global environment developing strong linkages at all levels.
- CTL (Certification in Transportation and Logistics) and / or) CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional) preferred.
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That's why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 5-Day Work Week
- Performance Bonus
- Car Allowance
- Growth Opportunities
- And more!
HK-Hong Kong (HKSTP Green 18)
Supply Chain Services