Data Science Developer Internship - Summer 2017 Full Time
Data Science Developer Internship – Full Time – Summer 2017
Centennial, CO (Denver Tech Center)
Arrow Electronics – www.fiveyearsout.com
Who is Arrow Electronics?
Globally headquartered in Denver, CO, Arrow Electronics is a global provider of products, services, and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions, with 2015 sales of $23.28 billion. Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in over 85 countries.
A Fortune 120 company with 18,500 employees worldwide, Arrow brings technology solutions to a breadth of markets, including telecommunications, information systems, transportation, medical, industrial, and consumer electronics.
Arrow provides extraordinary value to customers and suppliers – the best technology companies in the world – and connects them through the company’s industry-leading services.
Why Be an Intern?
- Hands-on approach to learning and applying your degree
- Chance to network with 160+ interns across the U.S.
- Small forums with our Executives and past interns
- Stretch your presentation skills in front of our VP’s and Directors
We are focused on the development of mission critical data science applications to drive optimization of our electronics business using big data. Our team often makes use of a Cloudera Hadoop infrastructure and is focused on both long haul batch and real time analytics within the Hadoop ecosystem. Our development makes exclusive use of open source tool sets including Python, Mahout, Pig, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Sqoop, Flume and Oozie; all running on a Cloudera Hadoop infrastructure. This year the team will grow in size as we develop more applications across the Arrow business and will be focused on agile development to build real-time analytics, prescriptive analytics and optimization.
Education & Experience:
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Data Analytics and an anticipated graduation date in 2017 or 2018. Masters candidates are preferred.
- Available to work full time (40 hrs/week) during the summer (May or June through early August)
- 3.0 GPA or Higher
- Ability to prioritize based on opportunities and effectively multitask, think in data models, ELT/ETL and algorithms
- Someone who enjoys data, performing data studies and discovering new data sources (or new uses for existing data sources)
- Hands-on experience with SQL, Java, MatLab, R, or Python is required
- General understanding of analytical models such as time series analysis and regression analysis
- Conversant in Linux or OS X
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of agile development
This is a paid internship.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top