Customer Support Engineer
Customer Support Engineer
Duties & Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Take full responsibility for the dealing with relevant customer complaints, queries and requests for information from the start to the end of the organization process.
- Ensure that both an appropriate and adequate investigation takes place in all cases. This includes the recording of all communications between the various parties and all information taken into consideration.
- Must approach all matters in a non-biased and professional manner
- Carry out relevant research as required and requested by Customer Support Manager.
- Provide customer help, support and technical issue resolution via E-Mail, phone and online meetings.
- Provide training to customers in the use of system and applications.
- Draft documentation as required and requested.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly statistical reports as appropriate.
- Provide input to the development of relevant products under support.
- Obtain general understanding of OS and application operations related to company offered services.
- Perform creation of new accounts using company provide software tools.
- An in-depth understanding and experience of the operations of a Customer Support Division
- A minimum of one year relevant work experience in the customer support
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and online meetings.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Experience with software and hardware issues.
- Proficient in Internet related applications such as E-Mail clients, FTP clients and Web Browsers.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Typing proficiency: 40-60 wpm.
4 yeas (or above) bachelor degree (or higher) in electrical engineering, marketing or customer support related studies.
Minimum of 1 year experience as customer support in software industry
Fluency in English is a must. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of; Database software; Internet software and Word Processing software.
Back to top