Customer Service Representative III
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
The main function of this job is to provide expert internal and external customer service and sales support to both the Inside Sales Team and customer engagements. The CSR 2 will also assist with maintaining performance expectations to further enhance Arrow’s position within each customer and supplier. This position is responsible for handling more complex discrepancies, interfacing with customers, recommending solutions and/or action plans to internal sales team.
Responsible for on-going Customer Service/Sales Support activities for the Order to Invoice Process; able to identify, solve and/or escalate exceptions to the appropriate team member, including, but not limited to:
- Order entry & maintenance (outside of Infosys)
- Value added order entry & follow up, not first articles
- Managing inbound customer order formats (excel, pdf, fax, etc)
- Submits SSRQ (SIMS Setup Request) which includes Value Added, NCNR (Non-Cancellable, Non-Returnable), and COP (Customer Owned Parts)
- NCNR set up and filing
- PCPRCE 2 (Customer Part and Pricing System) maintenance for contract pricing
- Set up of MyArrow accounts and maintenance of PCPRCE records
- SMR contact point for immediate customer requirements
- Direct interface with customers on purchase order change requests
- Solve freight/transit delivery issues
- Primary interface with customer on order and shipment status
- Maintains integrity of customer requirements for value added and special handling
- Proactive notification to customer of changes to delivery status through the use of the One Touch Backlog Report, and Open Order Report (changes in Arrow commit)
- Critical Expediting Escalation for Hard Order items only within 14 days & out of scope items (FF allocated parts, missing NCNR, Credit Hold)
- Contacts other branches and assists to obtain inventory (line down, immediate requirements)
- Scheduling and expediting work orders with Value Added centers
- Customer interface with Forecast Response Tool
- IPS coverage (pull parts, not quoting)
- Gather collateral information such as spec sheets
- Invoice inquiry (reprint invoice process)
- Contract management (part list validation)
- DCMA – Defense Contract Management Agency (Initial contact for contract or order status) Government Source Inspection Coordination
Support sales team with direct customer contact for Order to Invoice process within Planned Demand
- Liaison between sales team and Infosys to perform root cause analysis and provide more complex problem solving
- Lead the interface on e-Compass reports with Infosys, drive closure by managing exceptions (Dropped Part, New Part)
- Manage customer Forecast Response reports after Infosys has taken action and drive closure by managing exceptions
- First point of escalation on Planned Demand after Infosys does initial expedites outside of 14 day window
- Support e-Compass engagements and bond request from SMR (Sales and Marketing Rep)
- Manage Item Status Change reports by identifying parts that are going non-standard and inform SMR so they may communicate with the customer, to ensure fill rates are met
- Manage manual bond reports and requests by identifying unit turn rates that are outside of branch goals and inform and make recommendations to the SMR to ensure unit turn rates are met
- Coordinate the contract refresh clause and manual inventory sweep process from IPS (In-Plant Store) or consignment back to PDC (Primary Distribution Center); including SMR in the decision
- Attend/lead the customer shortage calls and set internal action plan and communicate to appropriate account team members
Assist SMR with overall Quote to Order objectives
- Load into SDT (Sales Desktop) quotes under 50 line items
- Send quotes over 50 line items to Quote Center
- Forward quotes in PDF format to Quote Center
- Monitoring PM views on quotes
- Update Quote extensions (quote good for 30 days, need longer time frame)
- Order samples (completes the form in portal and sends to Infosys)
- Work with Legal to coordinate contract signatures
. Support, investigate exceptions, interface with customer, and make recommendations to the SMR regarding the internal management of Arrow Quality processes:
- Branch Service Requests (Sure Ships, Sure Receipt)
- Process RMA (Return Material Authorization) to centralized group. Closed loop process
- Research and action Quality Issues (Sales, PDC, etc)
- Initiate CAR (Corrective Action Request) to RMA Center, Quality Department, BPO (Business Process Outsource)
- Initiate FQR (Field Quality Request) analysis
- Submit Customer Surveys (NAFTA, ISO Cert’s, Quality, etc)
- Correct post delivery issues (wrong carrier, wrong packaging, wrong shipping account, etc)
- Research origin of SMI (Slow Moving Inventory) and Sludge
- Participate in monthly Quality calls
Responsible for meeting Sales Excellence expectations
- Deeper knowledge and understanding of local market dynamics to assist Arrow in maintaining market leadership
- Attend customer reviews to understand account strategy and future opportunities and provide sales support input
- Build relationships with Manufacturers & Suppliers to gain competitive edge on product availability
Support, investigate credit worthiness, interface with internal/external contacts, and communicating FSG (Financial Services Group) decisions to SMR regarding the following processes:
- Submit account set up requests via Customer Set Up Tool
- CMF Change Mgt (credit requests, terms requests, address, etc)
- Work with credit – releasing of parts (XAOCH)
- Work with FSG to resolve customer invoice issues
High school diploma plus 3 – 5 years of customer service experience is required. Technical training and/or Associates degree are preferred plus 1 to 3 years of customer service experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Strong interpersonal, problem solving, and customer service skills are essential. Must have excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills. Must be able to multitask, prioritize, and deal with ambiguity.
Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically, Excel, Word, Outlook
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top