Corporate Counsel - Compliance
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
This individual will be responsible for managing aspects of the company’s global compliance program. The individual will work closely with internal stakeholders from all areas of the organization and will advise management on compliance-related issues. In addition, the individual will have some general responsibilities concerning the legal affairs of the company and all of its business units. Candidates must be U.S. Citizen, Green Card Holder, or Granted Asylum.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Conduct internal investigations of compliance issues, business partner and government inquiries and handle responses and resolution.
Provide legal counsel on and support the development of the strategy, delivery, and evaluation of the global Arrow Compliance Program. This includes the development and implementation of appropriate policies and controls related to ethics, export control, anti-corruption, antitrust, and data privacy, as well as establishment of monitoring procedures to ensure effectiveness.
- Assist with overseeing compliance hotline monitoring, responses, resolution and reports.
- Monitor and analyze new regulatory and legal compliance requirements; determine relevant impact and recommend and assist with implementation of plans to meet applicable requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and communications to executive management and the Audit Committee of the Board.
- Prepare, update, implement and manage policies, communications and training presentations relating to compliance, and maintain records of communications and training. Provide compliance training to all levels of the organization.
- Assist in M&A anti-bribery and anti-corruption due diligence.
- Providing legal advice on all subject matters for all domestic and foreign legal and business corporate clients
- Negotiating real estate agreements
- Maintaining and updating corporate housekeeping requirements for all global legal entities
- Education Requirements:
J.D. and active attorney license required.
- Work Experience:
- Two to four years of experience in a law firm or corporate law department.
- Minimum of two years of experience focusing on compliance matters.
- Experience in compliance practice areas common to global companies, including ethics, anti-corruption, antitrust, data privacy, and corporate investigations.
- Experience managing a compliance program for a global corporation.
- Experience working with or in a fast-paced, globally disperse environment.
- A goal-oriented leader with the ability to influence and drive change in a fast-based complex global organization.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to interface at multiple levels of a corporate organization
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively explain complex legal issues to non-lawyers.
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top