Component Quality Engineer- Peabody, MA
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Converge, a wholly owned subsidiary of Arrow Electronics, is the premier global supply chain partner for technology-driven companies.
We are currently seeking a Component Quality Engineer (CQE) for our Peabody, Massachusetts Corporate Headquarters who will represents Converge as an electronic and semiconductor component expert.
This person will work closely with Distribution, Sales, Purchasing, Commodity Management, Quality, Compliance, and Customers/Vendors when applicable.
In this role the CQE will provide detailed product inspection as mandated by corporate procedures and checklists to validate/verify product authenticity, condition and offer documented, factual information for Sales and/or Commodity Management to determine disposition when applicable.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
Inspect and validate the quality of the product received based on the mandated corporate procedures if it conforms to the Purchase Orders, Sales orders, and/or Customer requirements. (product ranges from semiconductor, capacitor and passive type parts)
- Inspect product under magnification to validate product markings, condition, and authenticity.
- Research various websites or paid subscriptions to databases to find and read product datasheets.
- Take photos to store with documented information as evidence
- Take physical measurements of product to ensure authenticity
- Contact manufacturers via phone or email when applicable to validate part information
- Perform marking permanency and surface test
- Confirm RoHS/Lead Free compliance via part markings, date codes, etc.
- Confirm products Moisture Sensitivity Level (MSL) when applicable
Investigate product questions from Global Trade
- Cross reference part #‘s to find alternative solutions to customer needs
- Confirm RoHS/Lead Free compliance via part markings, date codes, etc
- Answer general questions relating to part markings, meanings, etc.
Populate and maintain Converge internal Databases
- Add information to the Date Code ID Log, Product Alert List, Counterfeit List, MSL Rating List, etc as product is investigated or if info is not available during initial inspection.
Train & Educate DSC Inspectors
- Works with individual inspectors on product inspection techniques
- Where to locate and how to use Internal Databases
- How to locate and read datasheets
- Document all training using controlled ISO forms
Assists the Quality Assurance Department.
- Provides technical guidance and testing for Corrective & Preventative Actions
- Assist in the internal and or external audit preparation and actual audit
Ability to travel on behalf of Converge as required and adheres to the specified travel policy.
Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- This position involves sitting, standing and or walking for considerable lengths of time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics, Manufacturing, Quality Engineering or equivalent with at least 5 years of experience; or
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Must have a minimum 5 years of related working experience in a semiconductor and electronics industry
- Experience in Contract Equipment Manufacturing, PCB Assembly, Failure Analysis and Test environment.
- Knowledge and experience in processes such as die attach, wire bonding, molding, marking, solder ball attach, final visual inspection, packing of electronic parts, and failure analysis is preferred.
- Knowledge of modern manufacturing methods, tools, and techniques
- Familiar with Failure analysis methodology and basic functional/electrical testing.
- Experience with inspection and classification of various semiconductor and electronic parts.
- Working knowledge of Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) in handling components is required.
- Knowledge in RoHS Compliant requirement.
- Basic understanding of ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
- Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to changing workload and business pressures.
- Excellent verbal, technical writing, interpersonal and organizational skills required
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft software applications, e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.
- Must live within the Boston, MA area
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referral
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Contact Email: [email protected]
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top