Position: Corporate Auditor I
Title: Global Compliance, Compliance Specialist
Location: Denver, CO
The Global Compliance, Compliance Specialist, reporting to the Global Compliance leader for Arrow Global Operations, will be responsible for the maintenance, management and monitoring of the regulatory compliance elements of our internal and external compliance audit programs. The Global Audit Services Program today is a service-based international program that leverages compliance and auditing expertise to support Arrow businesses and Arrow customers with the goal of continuous improvement and growth of the overall program.
This position will work closely with cross functional teams consisting of quality, tax, legal, logistics, global business leaders and risk management to ensure that Partner Companies, who are working on behalf of Arrow, are performing in accordance with defined regulatory and industry standards as well as Arrow's Global Standards. Additionally, the Specialist will address root cause and assign corrective actions for issues identified through audits and/or during the normal course of business. This role will also partner regularly with the other global support groups on development and growth of the overall program as well as individual services provider's performance. Further, the Specialist will routinely interact and partner with other quality and compliance personnel at a global level.
Ideal candidates will have strong analytical, quantitative and project management skills, and also have experience identifying, monitoring, and tracking/driving adherence to and improvements against regulations and standards applicable to the electronics industry (e.g. OHSAS 18001, NAID, ADISA, WEEELABEX, ISO 9001/14001/27001, ISO 13485, R2/e-Stewards, RIOS, and other industry standards as applicable.). Applicability will be with all Arrow service providers, and will also include the monitoring and compliance assessment of applicable downstream channel outlets to achieve full transparency of product disposition and other factors. Candidate should also have experience working with, providing direction and guidance to a matrix-style organization and subordinate teams.
- Maintain and monitor a comprehensive compliance monitoring program and schedule, including performance evaluation against regulations and standards applicable to the electronics industry. Will include, but not limited to, various National Environmental Agencies and those related to IT Asset Disposition, OHSAS and other Global Compliance standards and procedures.
- Scope, plan, and execute monitoring initiatives from development through execution with minimal supervision. This will require significant on-site auditing and evaluation of global service providers across all international business units.
- Collaborate with project team members to perform audit work.
- Document work performed in work papers and report observations/findings. Perform audit test work and guide staff to appropriate testing strategies.
- Participate in internal and external audits within the organization and with third party partners, to include: completing pre-audit work in assigned areas, completing task assignments within allotted timelines, drafting findings for areas of responsibility and participating in closing meetings with local management.
- Define project goals, meet schedules, resolve issues, develop performance goals and act as an advisor on comprehensive compliance monitoring programs.
- Present updates, findings, and recommendations to internal counterparts and business unit leaders at all levels of the organization, as needed, for project assignments.
- Assess existing as well as develop new tools and processes related to key controls and business risks.
- Establish operating procedures that may have a company-wide effect on monitoring processes and protocols.
- Work with corporate quality, compliance, legal and tax teams to recommend modifications to organizational policies and/or training as a result of compliance monitoring findings.
- Document compliance monitoring, including maintaining and archiving work records and providing executive level reporting. Develop corrective action plans for partners based on findings, and subsequently document, timeline, and drive to completion.
- Maintain a high degree of interest in professional development. Attend relevant compliance training sessions and conferences and maintain ongoing professional credentials.
- Ensure all actions and all work products comply with the company's commitment to quality and regulations governing the corporate quality program.
- Develop and maintain proactive working relationships with Global Partners throughout the vendor's quality/compliance organization
- Analyze internal and external quality data to determine trends and make recommendations for improvement for internal and external operations.
- Respond to and manage customer compliance and quality concerns.
- Manage and maintain quality/compliance rating system. Provide training on compliance program to affected personnel.
- Has limited discretion to vary from established procedures
- Works under general supervision
- Beginning to solve some straightforward problems
- Has limited work experience involving basic concepts and procedures but requires formal training in theories/concepts in own function
Minimum 3-5 years of experience in related field, with emphasis on environmental compliance and standards across multiple industries.
- Strong multi-cultural and interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate with all levels of management, employees, and subcontractors globally.
- Strong auditing experience across multiple compliance and quality disciplines.
- Well-developed analytical and critical thinking as well as demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with large amounts of data to analyze information while still seeing the "big picture".
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and projects. Understands and drives process flow and execution against defined program strategies.
- Superior working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and intuitive SharePoint platforms.
- Results oriented with a willingness to get the job done.
- Confidence and ability to handle pressures and deadlines.
- Travel requirements up to 50% including international.
- Fully engaged and self-starting. Possesses a high energy level and strong work ethic with a commitment to continuous improvement in a dynamic environment that strives to exceed expectations.
- Demonstrated ability/experience in an environment of change and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated strong commitment to and passion for compliance, ethics, accountability and the business.
- Displays strong leadership attributes; inspires excellence in colleagues.
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor, advanced degree preferred.
Years of Experience Required:
Time Type:Full time
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Will leads the technological enhancements to Arrow’s Sam Car Project. He oversees and contributes to development of its microcontrollers, firmware, and MEMS sensors.
Back to top