Class B Driver/Computer Technician - Philadelphia
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
The Arrow Value Recovery group, a leader in IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) is a worldwide provider of IT asset disposition (ITAD) and aftermarket solutions designed to deliver data security, efficiency and value. With specialized expertise in reverse logistics, IT asset management, and asset recovery, AVR enables organizations to uncover hidden value and increase sustainability at the end of the IT product life cycle.
Arrow Value Recovery is seeking an Onsite Technician to join the transportation and logistics team. The successful candidate will perform IT Asset Disposition and Recovery services at client sites in accordance with each client’s statement of work. Candidates must be well organized and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Technical/functional knowledge of computer hardware
- Familiarity with the Android OS mobile platform
- Barcode/Asset tag scanning
- Onsite data erasure
- Ability to change BIOS settings
- Ability to set up a mobile network
- Ability to identify system errors and apply above average knowledge of computer hardware
- Package, palletize, load, transport, and unload freight in a manner that adheres to all required safety and quality standards.
- Prepare, receive and remit appropriate documentation for the delivery or pick up of freight to ensure accurate order tracking, billing, and timely service.
- Responsible for managing packaging supply inventory at an AVR facility or cross dock
- Responsible for all inventory management, onsite scanning, and reconciliation using Arrow’s mobile scanning technology.
- Remove, transfer, and deliver electronic assets and equipment to an AVR facility or cross dock.
- Maintain all motor vehicle logs, documentation, and driving standards as required by the Department of Transportation (DOT), federal/state authorities, and Arrow Electronics.
- Regularly inspect all company assigned equipment and hardware
- Report repair and/or maintenance requests to dispatch
- Maintain vehicle in a clean and fueled state of readiness.
- Safe driving record with no traffic occurrences over the last 30 months
Quality and Customer Service:
- Provide courteous and professional customer service
- Bridge client relations
- Adhere to all quality, environmental, health and safety standards
- High school diploma or equivalent and 2+ years’ driving experience
- Must be at least 21 years old and able to lift up to 75 lb.‘s without assistance
- Professional appearance and behavior, including punctuality
- Be results oriented, and have excellent attention to detail
- Ability to interface with technical and non-technical staff
- Strong communication skills: written, verbal, comprehension
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions in various forms (written, oral or diagram)
- Strong problem solving skills and adaptable to change in process or required activities
- Ability to identify IT devices including, PC’s, laptops, HDD’s, printers, networking, monitors
- Valid Class B CDL and ability to drive 26 ft. box truck w/ Air Brakes
- Must not be disqualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle as per CFR 391.15
- Must have a clear driving record showing no accidents in a thirty (30) month time period and no more than two (2) moving violations in the same time period
- Ability to work independently and perform other duties as assigned
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous ITAD experience and familiarity with asset management / value recovery programs.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing, warehouse, or production environment
- Previous experience packaging and transporting IT Assets and devices
Atlanta GA; Baltimore MD; Boston MA; Charlotte NC; Chicago IL; Columbus OH; Dallas TX; Denver CO; Houston TX; Los Angeles CA; Miami FL; Minneapolis MN; New York NY; Philadelphia PA; Phoenix AZ; Pittsburgh PA; Sacramento CA; San Diego CA; San Francisco CA; Seattle WA; St. Paul MN; Tampa FL; Windsor CT.
Arrow helps the world’s best technology companies think “Five Years Out,” working together to innovate the next big thing, after the next big thing. We are a global provider of technology products, services and solutions, with 2014 sales of $22.8 billion. Our team includes 17,000 employees worldwide across more than 460 locations in 56 countries. “Five Years Out” is the tangible future and the people who live and work there know that new technologies, new materials, new ideas and new electronics will make life not only different, but better. Not just cheaper, but smarter. Not just easier, but more inspired. Are you “Five Years Out”? Then you’ll want to be working with us.
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of you request and your contact information.
ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES MUST APPLY ON-LINE
Please include a resume and complete the application listing recent employment history.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referral
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top