Class B Driver Technician - Central/Northern New Jersey Remote
Atlanta GA; Baltimore MD; Boston MA; Charlotte NC; Dallas TX; Houston TX; Miami FL; Central NJ; Philadelphia PA; San Francisco CA; Tampa FL; Windsor CT
The Arrow Value Recovery group, a leader in IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) is a worldwide provider of IT asset disposition (ITAD) and aftermarket solutions designed to deliver data security, efficiency and value. With specialized expertise in reverse logistics, IT asset management, and asset recovery, AVR enables organizations to uncover hidden value and increase sustainability at the end of the IT product life cycle.
Arrow Value Recovery is seeking a Regional Driver/Computer Technician – Central/Northern New Jersey Remote to join the transportation and logistics team. The successful candidate will drive to client sites and perform IT Asset Disposition and Recovery services in accordance with each client’s statement of work. Candidates must be well organized and possess excellent customer service skills.
Technical Knowledge (Training will be provided):
- Technical/functional knowledge of computer hardware
- Familiarity with the Android OS mobile platform
- Barcode/Asset tag scanning
- Onsite data erasure
- Ability to change BIOS settings
- Ability to set up a mobile network
- Ability to identify system errors and apply above average knowledge of computer hardware
- Package, palletize, load, transport, and unload freight in a manner that adheres to all required safety and quality standards.
- Prepare, receive and remit appropriate documentation for the delivery or pick up of freight to ensure accurate order tracking, billing, and timely service.
- Responsible for managing packaging supply inventory at an AVR facility or cross dock
- Responsible for all inventory management, onsite scanning, and reconciliation using Arrow’s mobile scanning technology.
- Remove, transfer, and deliver electronic assets and equipment to an AVR facility or cross dock.
- Maintain all motor vehicle logs, documentation, and driving standards as required by the Department of Transportation (DOT), federal/state authorities, and Arrow Electronics.
- Regularly inspect all company assigned equipment and hardware
- Report repair and/or maintenance requests to dispatch
- Maintain vehicle in a clean and fueled state of readiness.
- Safe driving record with no traffic occurrences over the last 30 months
Quality and Customer Service:
- Provide courteous and professional customer service
- Bridge client relations
- Adhere to all quality, environmental, health and safety standards
- High school diploma or equivalent and 2+ years’ driving experience
- Must be at least 21 years old and able to lift up to 75 lb.‘s without assistance
- Professional appearance and behavior, including punctuality
- Be results oriented, and have excellent attention to detail
- Ability to interface with technical and non-technical staff
- Strong communication skills: written, verbal, comprehension
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions in various forms (written, oral or diagram)
- Strong problem solving skills and adaptable to change in process or required activities
- Ability to identify IT devices including, PC’s, laptops, HDD’s, printers, networking, monitors
- Valid Class B CDL and ability to drive 26 ft. box truck w/ Air Brakes
- Must not be disqualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle as per CFR 391.15
- Must have a clear driving record showing no accidents in a thirty (30) month time period and no more than two (2) moving violations in the same time period
- Ability to work independently and perform other duties as assigned
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous ITAD experience and familiarity with asset management / value recovery programs.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing, warehouse, or production environment
- Previous experience packaging and transporting IT Assets and devices
Arrow helps the world’s best technology companies think “Five Years Out,” working together to innovate the next big thing, after the next big thing. We are a global provider of technology products, services and solutions, with 2014 sales of $22.8 billion. Our team includes 17,000 employees worldwide across more than 460 locations in 56 countries. “Five Years Out” is the tangible future and the people who live and work there know that new technologies, new materials, new ideas and new electronics will make life not only different, but better. Not just cheaper, but smarter. Not just easier, but more inspired. Are you “Five Years Out”? Then you’ll want to be working with us.
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of you request and your contact information.
ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES MUST APPLY ON-LINE
Please include a resume and complete the application listing recent employment history.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referral
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top