Channel Development Representative I
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
Job Title: Channel Development Representative
This outside-focused position represents part of the front-line sales force at Arrow Electronics, Inc. and is responsible for helping to grow the business and gaining market share. Responsible for driving and growing assigned brand/product(s) for Arrow Electronics, Inc. Identifies, enables and develops high-potential and non-repeat partners. Determines and understands customers’ requirements for Arrow product offerings and services. Translates products and promotions into benefits for a customer. Serves as a liaison between Arrow’s internal resources (inside sales, engineering, supplier marketing, manufacturing facilities, purchasing and other corporate departments), vendor resources and customers. Establishes and retains strong and influential customer, supplier and internal relationships. Forecasts effectively and has knowledge of the competition and Arrow’s standing in the marketplace. Develops and maintains broad, influential relationships with customers, suppliers, and Arrow colleagues.
- Demand creation: Understands the relationship between demand creation and long term success/growth within account base. Develops and executes demand generation activities in support of assigned brand(s) and related product(s). Proactively calls and engages partners to grow sales for assigned accounts. Generates leads and follows-up on leads obtained through suppliers and Arrow internal sources. Qualifies prospects, analyzes sales potential, and then prioritizes high-return opportunities for further attention/investment. Proactively surfaces opportunities at assigned accounts to solve problems and create demand for Arrow’s full range of solutions, products, and services. Manage leads and identify business to build a sales pipeline. Involves other resources (inside, brand, engineering, financing, vendor, etc) to address issues and for assistance in part selection.
- Influence and Relationships: Viewed as a partner to customers; establishes and retains strong influential strategic relationships with key partners/vendors. Ability to work across multiple disciplines of the Arrow Electronics, Inc. organization, and serves as an advocate for customers both internally and externally. Builds upon their customer relationship and works closely with suppliers to find ways to increase sales. Demonstrates a proactive approach and sense of urgency on our customers’ behalf, anticipates our customers’ requirements and communicates efforts in a timely and effective manner.
- Opportunity tracking and Forecasting: Develops opportunities and effectively increases sales by consultative interaction with customers in order to achieve or exceed sales and margin quota. Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate information on all significant opportunities in forecasting calls and to business units via reporting. Translates effective opportunities into sales that meeting or exceed quota expectations. Responsible for updating sales cycle progress. Uses the opportunity information and is responsible for providing a timely, accurate forecast to management. Relied on for expertise for client group; able to foresee trends in sales. May use resources such as salesforce.com to accomplish job duties.
- Solution Design and Development: Viewed as an expert in products and services; educates and recommends additional products and services to enhance the total solution. Forsees opportunities for add-on sales. Proactively presents sales opportunities with emphasis on cross-sales across brands to compliment Arrow ECS cross-selling focus.
- 5+ years industry experience with a proven sales track record, including knowledge of processes and procedures.
- Most decisions can be made independently, without direct manager oversight. Typically receives general instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Works on problems where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Must possess excellent telephone skills; professional attitude in all verbal and written communications.
- Customer advocate; responds to requests for service and assistance and exceeds commitments.
- Proactive in communication approach. Has the ability to communicate to all levels throughout Arrow, our vendors, and our customers.
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top