Channel Development Representative
The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
At present, we have an opportunity for a Channel Development Representative in our Arrow Capital Solutions Group, located in Centennial, Colorado.
Responsible for the day-to-day sales support and customer service activities for assigned accounts, territory, or product(s). Focuses on growing and developing new business; proactively calls and engages partners to grow sales for assigned accounts and rebuilding of underpenetrated and neglected relationships with Arrow customers. This position will call on customers; provide product information, and follow-up on quotes to close business for Arrow. Identifies, enables and develops high-potential and non-repeat partners. Determines and understands customers’ requirements for Arrow product offerings and services. Translates products and promotions into benefits for a customer. Provides alternative products and solutions. Serves as a liaison between Arrow’s internal resources (field sales, engineering, supplier marketing, manufacturing facilities, purchasing and other corporate departments), vendor resources and customers. Demonstrates a proactive approach and sense of urgency on our customers’ behalf, anticipates our customers’ requirements and communicates efforts in a timely and effective manner. Establishes and retains strong and influential customer, supplier and internal relationships. Proactively provides assistance to the team when the business requires additional resources. Forecasts effectively and has knowledge of the competition and Arrow’s standing in the marketplace. Develops and maintains broad, influential relationships with customers, suppliers, and Arrow colleagues.
- Collaborates with customers to provide accurate, complete, timely financial solutions and structure information.
- Generates accurate and timely high level complexity financing solutions without any assistance.
- Develops opportunities and effectively increases sales by consultative interaction with customers in order to achieve or exceed sales and margin quota.
- Drives sales growth through new customer rebuilding of underpenetrated and neglected relationships.
- Focuses on growing and developing new business; proactively calls and engages partners to grow sales for assigned accounts.
- Qualifies prospects, analyzes sales potential, and then prioritizes high-return opportunities for further attention/investment.
- Processes quotes for specified customers and/or quote revisions for mass price changes, program changes or structure changes.
- Prepare agreements, from quote work if applicable, for submission based on receipt of the customers’ solution requirements ensuring that all required information for accurate processing is included.
- Works with appropriate vendor contacts and internal departments to solve pre-sales and post-sales problems.
- Uses the opportunity information and is responsible for providing a timely, accurate forecast to management.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience (inside sales, account management, material planning, buying or program management) with a proven sales track record.
- Must possess excellent telephone skills; professional attitude in all verbal and written communications.
- Must have strong customer service skills; manages difficult client/customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
- Has the ability to communicate to all levels throughout Arrow, our vendors and our customers.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle several projects at one time.
What is in it for you?
- Skills development
- Performance coaching
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more
- Community involvement opportunities
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top