The tension between possibility and practicality is what we resolve. At Arrow, we’ve come full circle— from being a parts supplier at the physical heart of the radio business to being a global partner in the ongoing transformation of the most complex and exciting business on the planet. We are visionaries. Innovators. Mentors. In order to thrive and survive in today’s marketplace, we anticipate what will come tomorrow for our forward-thinking partners.
Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for over 100,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 460 locations in 56 countries.
We are a Fortune 150 company with over 17,000 employees globally. Headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado, with offices worldwide.
Five Years Out is a community of builders, designers, engineers and imaginers who navigate the path between possibility and practicality. Creating the future of everything from coffee makers to cars. Are you one of them? Then you’re working with us.
Stay connected with us through social media
This postion will be housed at the Coppell, TX facility.
The main purpose of this job is to manage day-to-day responsibilities associated with supporting customer specific material planning engagements, including ordering, expediting, deferring and general order management responsibilities. In addition, the buyer/planner must build supplier relationships, which include negotiation, identification of supplier inability to meet materials requirements plan. Function as a key liaison customer service and the supplier base. This is a non-exempt position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review, analyze and interpret various reports to determine requirements based on material availability, inventory levels and lead times.
- Maximize the value of each purchase consistent with company requirements,
- Initiate appropriate paperwork to advance, delay or cancel previously scheduled materials and strive to control inventory levels, while supporting customer requirements.
- Enter purchase orders and secure fulfillment of contract terms.
- As requested, coordinate all supplier requirements and action plans with other departments.
- Notify suppliers of changes in requirements.
- Research alternatives when schedule changes or delays are identified.
- As required, interface with the customer regarding various details of specific program activities as they pertain to planning and procurement.
- Promote relationships with internal customers (customer service, marketing, engineering, distribution center)
- Resolve problem situations, often complex, with our suppliers and various company departments or team members related to selection of sources, contract terms, price, deliveries, specifications, quality, and quantity variations while remaining within company inventory guidelines.
- Promote good communications between all functional areas and our supplier base.
- As requested, identify opportunities for improvement and implement changes that have a positive impact on the business
- College degree (preferred) or high school diploma or equivalent with 3-5 years experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Outlook and Excel)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Organization Skills
- Must be comfortable working under quality standards
- Must like working independently and under time constraints
- Respectful and team contributor
ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES MUST APPLY BY SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION IN CLEAR
Go to Planet Arrow & click on CLEAR to the left of the screen.
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family. Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.
Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of Arrow Electronics's Employees
Director, Digital Marketing
Lisa teams with Arrow’s Digital Marketing crew to lead online efforts that pave the way for the company to become the leading B2B marketplace for inventors.
Back to top